Create a System Repair CD

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! IMHO this is a must do. There may come a time when you can't boot into W10 and this CD may save your life, and get you to the recovery mode you need to get you back up and running. Yes there are other ways to get you to the recovery mode, but this is a great tool to have in your desk drawer. Here's how to create a System repair CD. Very easy to do and you should do it right now.
This is another tip from this old country boy that I like sharing with others!:wink: I have lots of tips I enjoy sharing!
System Repair Disc - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi ! Now that you have a system repair CD in your desk drawer, lets go one more step and add this to your arsenal when your PC won't boot into windows.
When your PC is in a boot loop, this just might get you up and going if every other thing you tried doesn't work. Here's link how to create a Recovery Drive and how to use it by Shawn Brinks; one of my computer heroes and idols ! PS Surely members are reading these threads that I'm creating??:grincry: Oh well! Here's another!
Recovery Drive - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/38595-recover-windows-10-recovery-drive.html

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! seems no one is interested in my tips. That's OK! Here's another tip that might help you get to the recovery options in W10!:wink: I like sharing things I have learned with other PC users! #5 isn't well know by Geeks and can be a life saver when you go into a boot loop!:wink:
http://pureinfotech.com/access-advanced-startup-options-windows-10-troubleshoot-fix-pc/

5. Access ‘Advanced startup’ by triggering ‘Automatic Repair’

If your PC isn’t loading Windows 10 and you don’t have the operating system installation files, you can use the following trick.

Start your computer and follow the POST, when Windows should begin loading, press the power button to shutdown your computer.

Repeat the previous step twice, and in the third restart the operating system should enter into the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE), where a number of diagnostics will be performed to try fix any booting issues, but you will also get an option to access the Windows Startup Settings.

Last edited:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! IMHO post#1,#2,#3 are things you should have in your arsenal and know how to use them to keep your PC running.
Do you really want to have a less stressful Computer life? Well here's how to do that. Turn off those silly war games for a couple of hours and spend that time learning how to use a 3rd party image to create images of your OS. I use Macrium Reflect Free, but there are several good programs on the web. I can recovery from almost any disaster and be back up and running; even if my Hard Drive dies.
Here's a link from my friend HTG! Get started! There will come a day when you are glad you took the time to learn this and here's why! http://www.howtogeek.com/223139/how-to-create-an-image-of-your-pc-before-upgrading-to-windows-10/

When the restoration process is complete and the conclusion summary is displayed, you’re all done! Click on the shutdown button located in the lower left corner of the restoration user interface, remove the USB restoration drive, and confirm you wish to restart. You’ll boot back into your Windows machine and everything will be good as new and exactly like it was the day you made the image.

When it comes to foolproof restoration you just can’t beat a good disk image. Before you make the leap to Windows 10 take an hour or so and make a clean disk image you can return to should you find the upgrade isn’t all it’s promised to be.

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I am totally reading your posts and they are very much appreciated. I'm having an issue with my wife's Dell 2-in-1 being stuck on a spinning wheel screen and not rebooting after the latest update. Reading and hoping these solutions will help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes