Win10 Keyboard stopped working

Levester

Mar 27, 2017
Visit site
My usb keyboard has worked fine for a long time but a couple days ago it stopped working out of nowhere. Also my mouse's actions were changed. For example, when I google somethings and tried to click a link, my click was registered as a "save as.." action. So I was prompted with the saving window in windows explorer for the .html. Some right clicks also didn't work properly. But the biggest problem by far was the fact that I couldn't type anything anywhere because none of the keys on my keboard worked at all.
I tried:
1. unplugging all usb devices and the only plugging the usb keyboard back
2. doing 1. and also plugging the usb keyboard into a different usb port
3. doing 2. after restart
4. Turning off wifi and unplugging ethernet cable, then doing 2.
After everything, I couldn't get it to work so I'm unable to login to my desktop. The weird thing is that when I get to my login wallpaper screen where I have to either click or press a key on the keyboard to make the wallpaper slide back and reveal the login text box, my keyboard works fine. As in, I can press seemingly any key on my keyboard to make the wallpaper disappear. But I still can't type anything into the login text box to actually login. Please help.

Rajeev Kumar Sethi1

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
My usb keyboard has worked fine for a long time but a couple days ago it stopped working out of nowhere. Also my mouse's actions were changed. For example, when I google somethings and tried to click a link, my click was registered as a "save as.." action. So I was prompted with the saving window in windows explorer for the .html. Some right clicks also didn't work properly. But the biggest problem by far was the fact that I couldn't type anything anywhere because none of the keys on my keboard worked at all.
I tried:
1. unplugging all usb devices and the only plugging the usb keyboard back
2. doing 1. and also plugging the usb keyboard into a different usb port
3. doing 2. after restart
4. Turning off wifi and unplugging ethernet cable, then doing 2.
After everything, I couldn't get it to work so I'm unable to login to my desktop. The weird thing is that when I get to my login wallpaper screen where I have to either click or press a key on the keyboard to make the wallpaper slide back and reveal the login text box, my keyboard works fine. As in, I can press seemingly any key on my keyboard to make the wallpaper disappear. But I still can't type anything into the login text box to actually login. Please help.

As per my view, your USB Drivers need to be refreshed or re-installed. Your USB Keyboard, Mouse, Printer etc., all the USB Devices' drivers need to be re-installed. AND if this does not work, the last resort is a clean install of WINDOWS. Give it a try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon