Windows store PWAs for windows 10 mobile?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
So just out of curiousity, I went to check out the new PWA based twitter app on my windows 10 mobile. Obviously notifications wouldn't work because it doesn't have the service, and it won't work offline (because it doesn't have the service), but it did seem to load, without the edge browser UI on my phone (ie in an app-like fashion).

Which if we get a lot more PWAs over time, does kinda seem like a plus. I didn't log in, but it's definately the same web app.

Kinda a shame there is no service for notifications. Otherwise this would be the perfect bridge between win10m and andromeda....(obviously some people won't want a foldable tablet/phone hybrid, or be able to afford it, but by the time I want to upgrade my phone, which will be ages away, I am sure I will)

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I've got twitter and uber set up now. I look forward to the future of pwa :) Hopefully the banks will switch and I'll be a happy man...

Tis a shame someone can take the win32 emulation layer in windows on arm, and transplant it into win10m. Not that expecting that level of work would be reasonable, I'd just love to play trine 2 on mah phone.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I used the PWA uber app briefly one week. Not half bad if more apps adapt this type of way of inserting themselves into the Windows Store...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes