Using Windows XP/Vista/7 like Windows 8!!

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
LOL, oops! So I'm at work using Windows 7 and have become so used to Windows 8 on my desktop at home that I tried to lock the computer by swiping from the top right hand corner with the mouse to bring up the Charms bar. It took me about 3 tries before I realized what I was doing wrong!

I don't miss the start button :)

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
it happens, just like when i took my sister netbook to check something and i realized how slow is to navigate in win7 was since it doesnt have the left corner right click menu. ;) but hey! Windows 8 is not optimized for mouse and keyboard, why arent you using touch in the Tablet UI called Windows 8? /s :grin:

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
When on my Wife's ipad, I am always trying to bring up the charms bar or in Safari trying to swipe back to go to the previous webpage... Windows 8 is much better at touch than the competitors. Plus the Keyboard and mouse work great!

clbarker10

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
That's funny. I used to have Windows 8 consumer preview on my netbook then I had to install Linux Mint so I could get the WiFi to work with the hardware.

I would constantly attempt to switch apps by clicking the left corner which would switch desktops instead. Drove me crazy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes