Windows 8.1 Killed Incoming Internet Connections

spaxz

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
Yesterday I upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 on my Dell Studio XPS PC. Everything was working fine until the update completed. Now the only browser that works is IE 11. The only web sites that will work on Opera, Chrome, and Firefox are Google sites. I tried uninstalling and re-installing Chrome but no luck. Also I have HMA VPN and that will not connect as well. Seems like any app that connects to the internet will not work. It will connect to my internal NAS and network at home.
I had Windows firewall turned off in Windows 8 and it is still turned off in 8.1.

hmd5859

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the same exact issues, and cant seem to get any help anywhere. HMA pro is not doing anything, and Windows is just windows. I have uninstalled and installed the hma several times, and every now and then I luck out and link up but it is very few. I am about at my wits end with windows, Evey time there is an update, something goes really wrong. Then getting help is well you know. Pretty much, this is my last PC machine and I am done. I was trying to hang in there, but the macs are calling.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes