Calendar Sharing through Office.com

Dan Tyndall

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I didn't see a topic on this, but maybe someone will have some answers for me. My work currently uses Exchange for our email and calendar system. Unfortunately, the higher ups decided some time ago that they did not want any personal devices connecting to our work machines--so we lost ActiveSync on our personal devices. The email loss was a huge pain, but the worst of it was losing my calendar on my cell phone. I found a work around by sharing my work calendar with Office.com, and then importing that into my phone. Unfortunately, the Office.com calendar sharing will be turned off by Microsoft on April 5th--so I was wondering if any one else had a work around for this? We are not able to share our calendar with accounts outside our organization, so that's not an option either. Anyone have any ideas how to get my calendar back on to my Windows Phone after April 5?

-Dan

P.S. We can't install stuff on our work computers anymore either... so Outlook plugins are probably out of the question.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
So you are saying you can't add your exchange account to your own personal phone and you can't access OWA online? Really? The only thing I can think of is emailing yourself an invitation to the appointment/meeting. Or just manually put it in you own calendar.

Dan Tyndall

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, and that is something I did in the past, until I found out the work around with publishing the calendar online. I have attempted to automatically forward appointment requests to my personal account, but that's blocked too--if I want to forward requests, I have to do it manually. The nice thing about the publishing was if a meeting time changed, it would change in my phone too--which was awesome for those first meetings of the day (if I was coming from home, since I would not have to boot up the work laptop, which is also a pain).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital