Facebook picks up an update to absorb some features from the beta channel | Windows Central

As I am sure many of you are aware the updated Facebook app just went live on the store for Win 10 Mobile. While I cannot speak for you, I do have to say that I have had nothing but problems with this update. Almost nothing seems to work anymore. My live tile is dead. It does absolutely nothing. My contacts take hours and hours to sync, and only work when the app is open. The news feed only shows things from two days ago, or seemingly at random. And the things which show up to notifications (e.g. someone commented on a post, tagged me, etc.) either don't work (I get an unable to load message) or open the browser to get to the mobile version of the Facebook webpage.

As can be seen in the link above in the comments, it appears that I am not alone on this.

I am not sure what has to happen for them to update an app and make it far worse than it was before, but they seem to have succeeded.
    12-11-2015 06:01 PM
    Having similar issues too. it has posted the same post to my facebook page like 10 times...just uninstalled and looking for an alternate.
    12-21-2015 05:27 PM
    Facebook beta works great!!

Had many problems with your build too.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=BG9JGZH1
    12-27-2015 08:43 PM
    Even fb beta is full of c*** rit now.. Often Stucks up my phone...using fb in opera mini these days...
    12-27-2015 08:52 PM
    Black for Facebook is my suggestion. Leave the Beta for syncing but turn off updates etc. It seems with every update it gets worse and worse, "recent" apparently means 6 new and the rest of the posts are from 2 days ago. Seriously MS, how about paying FB to convert their iOS with Islandwood and just be done with it. I am just WAITING for some kind of trickle of useful apps from Islandwood....
    12-29-2015 06:31 PM
    I found it late to update the status and also get extra update status like the latest update is xxxx.
    12-30-2015 07:55 AM
    One main reason I left for iOS! Facebook and pages manager are light years better on iOS ! They state on update change logs they update there apps every 2 weeks on the dot . Last month felt like I got 3 Facebook updates and it works great. If you know someone with an iPhone ..... Check out Facebook on it. You will be blown away.... I was!
    12-30-2015 08:19 AM
    Seriously MS, how about paying FB to convert their iOS with Islandwood and just be done with it. I am just WAITING for some kind of trickle of useful apps from Islandwood....
    If the iOS Facebook app was ported, would we still get the calendar/contact syncing that Microsoft's Facebook app does?
    To me, that's the most important part of the app.
    Otherwise, I would just use the website (and I do).
    JJ
    02-08-2016 12:53 PM
    While I cannot speak for you, I do have to say that I have had nothing but problems with this update. Almost nothing seems to work anymore. My live tile is dead. It does absolutely nothing. My contacts take hours and hours to sync, and only work when the app is open. The news feed only shows things from two days ago, or seemingly at random. And the things which show up to notifications (e.g. someone commented on a post, tagged me, etc.) either don't work (I get an unable to load message) or open the browser to get to the mobile version of the Facebook webpage.
    The biggest thing that annoys me is that posts aren't in date descending order?
    The newest post might be 3-4 posts down.
    I don't understand why.
    JJ
    02-08-2016 12:57 PM
    Same experience with fb here, it's the worst app in so many ways but should be one MS get right considering it's the app most people use their phone for (at least most people I know)
    02-08-2016 01:08 PM