I'm not feeling the love Microsoft.

Roman DeSilva

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Broken-Window.jpg

Dear Microsoft! Please stop treating people on Windows 10, you know, THE OS YOU MAKE as 3rd class customers.

2017 was a kick in the teeth for a lot of Microsoft fans. Kinect, Groove, and Band being discontinued and Windows Phone being put into maintenance more were tough. But looking back on it now, we should’ve seen it coming. Because in late 2015 and early 2016, where did we see Microsoft put its apps? Here’s a clue: Not on Windows. Here’s all the apps available in the Google play store from Microsoft. Many of those apps are available on Windows 10 but the Adroid versions have newer features. The same goes for [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/microsoft-corporation/id298856275?at=10l3Vy]iOS[/URL]

53332d1388694457t-wp_20131231_006.jpg

I use a galaxy S7 edge and I use the Microsoft launcher and a quite a few other Microsoft apps. I’ve gotten my friends on iOS to use the PIX app. But while my friends and family, My Surface Pro is left out as is Lumia 950 XL which I still use on a regular basis. I get Microsofts game plan here. Google won over users with Chrome and Gmail. Apple did it with iTunes. But here’s the thing. THEY DIDN’T LEAVE THEIR CORE USERS OUT OF THE GAME. Apple didn’t make iTunes on the Mac suck out loud. They didn’t bring Garage Band and Final Cut to Windows at all and if they did, they wouldn’t have left OSX out. Same goes for Google. They don’t forsake their own customers. Sadly the same can’t really said about Microsoft.

photo.jpg

The Outlook app on Android makes the mail app look like it was coded by interns on a lunch break. What the Windows 10 mail app has in style, it bitterly lacks in functionality. I still can’t get some of my accounts to works Focused inbox. Then there are the connected app and add-ins. There are no Calendar apps like Facebook, Wunderlist or MeetUp. You can’t add “Interesting” calendars from bing. Add-ins from Evernote, Translator or Trello are non-existent. I’m using Microsoft Hardware and a Microsoft OS, but I’m not only not getting all the access to Microsofts’ software, I’m getting a non-optimal Microsoft experience. The same goes for the Skype app. About all I like about the Skype app for Windows is that when it’s the default messaging app on mu Lumia, it can forward messages to my PC and I can respond without having to touch my phone. I wish I could make the Skype app on Android the default messaging app on Android. Right now, that’s Facebook Messenger. So it’s fully possible.

broken_skype-600x300.jpg

No matter how you feel about the look of the Skype app for Android and iOS (I personally like it). You can’t deny that the features would be nice to have. Running Skype on Windows? You can’t add Cortana to chat. You can’t send money via PayPal in a chat. Bing search, images, gifs, movies, restaurants, msn weather. You better get them from a browser & cut a paste them in. Skype is a great messaging app and it’s been more reliable than WhatsApp. I want to like it but it’s not where I need it to be. Namely, ON WINDOWS. Even Microsoft garage apps are no where to be found on Windows. We used to have something like Next Lock Screen on windows phone 8. It vanished! It’s beginning to feel like we’re being punished for using Windows. Which stands in contradiction to what Satya Nadella said at one of his 1’st keynotes. That he want’s people to love Microsofts stuff. I guess he forgot to mention that he wants people on anything but Windows to love Microsofts stuff. But then again, he also said Windows 10 mobile is for fans and enthusiast.

14292317785_132a9551d5_b.jpg

This kind of behavior is DANGEROUS. If Microsoft can’t support their own platform, why should other developers? Why purchase Xamarin and have Keynotes touting Universal Windows Apps when you don’t have your own apps on your own platform? And if this is how you treat your fans and enthusiast on your own platform, why should I use Microsoft apps on Android and iOS. I’ll tell you right now, I’ve stopped recommending Microsoft apps to my friends and family that don’t use Windows based devices. I’ve even stopped recommending the Microsoft Surface. Why should I tell someone to get it when your best is EVERYWHERE but on Windows 10. I started this piece with Dear Microsoft! Please stop treating people on Windows 10, you know, THE OS YOU MAKE as 3rd class customers. 2017 was not the year that I loved Microsoft.

PLEASE bring your apps that you have on OSX, iOS and Android to Windows 10 (ALL Windows 10 devices. Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile and Xbox one.). Make the Mail app and the Skype app have feature parody with their Android and iOS counterparts. Make 2018 the year that I and MANY other, now wavering fans and enthusiast of Microsoft love Microsoft again. Because right now, I’m seriously starting to do as much exploring into things non-Microsoft as much as Microsoft has done exploring platforms that are not Windows.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Microsoft is an enterprise company and none of the things you mention have much value in the enterprise so don't expect them to be introduced on Windows.

Sent from mTalk

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft is an enterprise company and none of the things you mention have much value in the enterprise so don't expect them to be introduced on Windows.

Sent from mTalk

so what does that have to do with all the VALID points he's made? we are still users and still deserve not too have our teeth kicked in and ABANDONED... we still PAY for services from MFST with our hard earned money and deserve a little respect and recognition that we're still paying customers! I hate Apple and ADdroid but I still have to acknowledge that those companies are not dishonoring or disrespecting OR ABANDONING it's USERS! MSFT has been giving the shaft to all us USERS and I for one am getting fed up! and I'm sure many many many users are with me on that too! I have never in my life witnessed how badly a company has shafted and abandoned its users! its down right shocking! insulting! and disgusting!
I luv my Windows PC and Windows mobile 10 and hoped that MSFT would start respecting US more. anyway you spell it MSFT will crash and burn without us "lowly" users to keep buying into their products! shame shame shame on you MSFT! and btw its not your BOD (board of directors) that keep you in your money its us "users" AND enterprises that keep you in the money, the BOD are just profiting!! so stop bending to them!

and this picture shows exactly how we're starting to feel!

Attachments

• rocky4-MSFT.jpg
    rocky4-MSFT.jpg
    636 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Roman DeSilva

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
If Microsoft is an enterprise company, explain Xbox and the games section in the Windows Store. And the last time I checked, windows is used in enterprise as is many of the apps they have on other platforms.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
so what does that have to do with all the VALID points he's made? we are still users and still deserve not too have our teeth kicked in and ABANDONED... we still PAY for services from MFST with our hard earned money and deserve a little respect and recognition that we're still paying customers!

Nah, we don't "deserve" anything, outside of what is explicitly promised. AFAIK, most of what we've been expecting and haven't gotten has been surmised, not promised. Have you ever heard of "wysiwyg"?

I hate Apple and ADdroid but I still have to acknowledge that those companies are not dishonoring or disrespecting OR ABANDONING it's USERS! MSFT has been giving the shaft to all us USERS and I for one am getting fed up!

It sounds to me like you're rooting for the wrong team!

Old_Mil

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
The irony of this is that Microsoft finally made an operating system that was the equal of MacOS and Linux in reliability and ease of use...

:..they bailed and ran.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I went through this with BlackBerry also. I can take a lot of the comments here, take out “Microsoft” and replace it with “BlackBerry” and they would be identical. I took that one really personal because I really stuck it out and defended them for so long. This time it was much easier. I saw the identical thing happening and just moved to Apple. People can hate on them all they want but they at least make the impression they care about their customers whether the board of directors do or not. I’m done having an allegiance to a corporation. I’ll just go where I’m treated the best and avoid all the drama.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
the difference with BB is they still cared about their customers, but weren't doing well financially, MSFT just doesn't give a damn about their customers...

covfefe

Banned
Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
An entire generation is coming into the consumer space with zero thought for Microsoft in a technology sense. Microsoft has totally screwed its future enterprise prospects as all these consumers enter the workforce and later become the IT decision makers. Utterly insane. It's a very slow motion train wreck.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
There's an old axiom that states "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem". For every single app that I downloaded from the Store, if there was a paid version I took that one instead so I've paid my dues. The same goes for iOS, Android, BlackBerry and every other smartphone OS I've had since 2004. With the exception of PalmOS/webOS where management literally destroyed the brand overnight, each platform has failed for the same reason - freefalling sales after being in a position of dominance. Windows Phone/10 Mobile never enjoyed a dominant market position at any time regardless of iteration. WP8 was probably the most successful but that's like saying the Cleveland Browns had a successful 2016 compared to 2017. Sorry Laura, I couldn't think of a better analogy. A ten percent share in Europe hardly warrants a cash infusion or extra R&D funds from Microsoft.

I've supported Microsoft with my purchase history, and I continue to do so. I'm unapologetic about it but there comes a time when you have to cut bait. I do so begrudgingly and hold out faux hope that there will be a return sometime in the future. But no amount of spewing hate-filled posts like some I've read on this forum will change anything. Venting is fine, but not very constructive.

stodge

Jan 1, 2018
Visit site
An entire generation is coming into the consumer space with zero thought for Microsoft in a technology sense. Microsoft has totally screwed its future enterprise prospects as all these consumers enter the workforce and later become the IT decision makers. Utterly insane. It's a very slow motion train wreck.

Good point. I doubt any kids these days know that Microsoft is in the consumer space (apart from the XBox) and have zero desire to get into the MS ecosystem. What little of it is left.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
And that's what a successful business is all about. Shareholders, not the customers.

BS! without the customers buying their sh!t, there would be no shareholders to begin with... shareholders are only a small margin when compared to the customers buying MS products and that's ONLY when customers find something worth buying into that attract the shareholders... thast it thats all

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
BS! without the customers buying their sh!t, there would be no shareholders to begin with... shareholders are only a small margin when compared to the customers buying MS products and that's ONLY when customers find something worth buying into that attract the shareholders... thast it thats all

You actually need both to be successful. It’s old fashioned to believe only the shareholders are important for business success. While they are prominent for short term gains it is customer value or satisfaction that creates the best long term results.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You're viewing this through a cracked window (no pun intended). Their "products" aren't limited to phones and tablets. They own the productivity software market which is their bread and butter. Not to mention Azure and other enterprise solutions. They could possibly survive very profitably on Office365 subscriptions alone and their customers are quite happy with that product.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
You're viewing this through a cracked window (no pun intended). Their "products" aren't limited to phones and tablets. They own the productivity software market which is their bread and butter. Not to mention Azure and other enterprise solutions. They could possibly survive very profitably on Office365 subscriptions alone and their customers are quite happy with that product.

and who buys all those subscriptions of O365? it isn't the shareholders :wink: its the USERS... and I wasn't limiting the product market for just hardware, I'm talking about the whole selling products of the MSFT umbrella, software/hardware.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
You actually need both to be successful. It’s old fashioned to believe only the shareholders are important for business success. While they are prominent for short term gains it is customer value or satisfaction that creates the best long term results.

never said you don't need the shareholders, my point was that they don't contribute as much as the users/customers like us ordinary people... so bending to the will of shareholders instead of the customers is stupid business... which is what you just said

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
never said you don't need the shareholders, my point was that they don't contribute as much as the users/customers like us ordinary people... so bending to the will of shareholders instead of the customers is stupid business... which is what you just said

You had better reread what I wrote. Nothing about bending, just that you need both. Without shareholders there is no business. Without customers there is no business. Pretty simple.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3