At AT&T store, four people buying Lumia

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Quite a bit of buzz around it, pretty good display very prominent.
At my local store they were down from the iphone but there was no signage for them, only signs for the iphone and samsung note. There wasn't anybody looking at it.

This was in an LTE market (Houston, TX). Pretty disappointing.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I was on a AT&T store today and the reps were well trained after that 3 guys (WP users) came in into the store and we start talking about the phone pros cons. If the Titan 2 wad better or not etc. Also, the store had BIG pictures of the 900 in the wall. The only bad thing about my experience today it was that the 900 was close to the iPhone; therefore, some people looked into the iPhone before looking to the 900.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I added another line to our plan and ordered the cyan model! OT was pretty cool in the store, and while the black was really nice, I figured I've never had a blue phone so may as well make a statement!

Keeping the 4S so I don't get the shakes from withdrawal! I'm sure once back in WP mode, it will be pretty easy.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I was first in line to get mine (cyan). There were 3 other people buying them while I was there. This was at 10 AM, when the store opened.

aaronchow

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I was at an ATT store around 2pm and the cyan version is already sold out. They said it was sold out in an hour. They also said that they don't expect such good sales for this phone :)

gzinkl

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
AT&T shop on LaSalle in the loop of Chicago had the most pathetic launch. No display materials (sent to the wrong store...do you think that the six of you who were standing around doing nothing could have gone and got it?), and they had only 4 phones in stock, which they had sold. At least one of the reps had a phone to play with, but totally lame....NOTHING set up in it, not even the email demo, no sim card, no way to show off LTE, not even hooked up to WiFi. I will never go to that store again for a new phone.

...and the kicker? No Titan II in sight. Not until tomorrow they said. Some launch. I'm embarrassed that shop is in a major city like Chicago!

commops7

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I was approached twice already in front of a hotel with mine. I visited a store here in Joisy on Saturday night and about 2 people were already eye balling the 900. The buzz is defienetly there. The cyan color is genius.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon