Buying phone from another country

Mish Rez

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I am from Pakistan and I want to buy Nokia Lumia 525. But unfortunately it is short in my country atm. So I want to ask, if I buy the phone from UAE will there be any issue with updates? I don't necessarily care about warranty issues.
Any reply will be helpful. Thanks

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I am from Pakistan and I want to buy Nokia Lumia 525. But unfortunately it is short in my country atm. So I want to ask, if I buy the phone from UAE will there be any issue with updates? I don't necessarily care about warranty issues.
Any reply will be helpful. Thanks
The updates will rollout in accordance to the UAE region.
Which means if an update is released in ur country before uae, u will have to wait till uae region gets the same.(UAE usually gets updates fast though)

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
So there are usually no problem in buying windows phone from some other country?

Usually. You would have to wait until updates are released in the country where you got your phone from (in your example the UAE). The usual issues are buying phones made for one telecommunication company (examples being the Nokia Lumia 810 or 822) but since you are not getting such a phone, it is a good idea to purchase the 525.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon