After 24 hours inside Microsoft HoloLens, I don't want to take it off again

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
hololens-russell.jpg

This feels like imagination-based computing, and it's pretty damn cool.
I sit every day at a desk with a pair of 21-inch monitors, a laptop, and a tablet with a keyboard dock. At certain parts of my day, they are all doing something work or play related. Sometimes I'm streaming Netflix while I edit photos or I'm in a Hangout Meeting with the team while hunting for notes from an interview. I'm all over my desk all the time, split across these monitors. My tablet comes with me into the kitchen at the end of the day and gets mounted under my cabinet as a connection to my digital world while I'm making dinner, but if something happens and I'm needed back at my desk it doesn't really do what I need it to do.

I have a collection of flawed devices that I have forced together to accomplish my individual tasks, but what I really want ? what I've always wanted ? is a single device that can be everywhere I am and do everything I need. Smartphones have been pushing into this space over the last two years, but after logging 24 hours in Microsoft's HoloLens developer kit I think the solution is a whole lot more virtual.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon