For the past couple of days, the WPCentral app on my Lumia 920 has not been updating the live tile when new stories are published. I used to get the new story count on the front of the tile and the latest story on the flip side. Now I don't get that anymore. When I open the app, the flip side of the tile changes to the latest story, so at least it's updating when I open the app. I checked my background settings and the app is allowed to run in the background. I checked the live tile settings in the app, and there was a message about a Network Error. My WiFi and Data are working fine, so not sure what that's about. Anyone else experiencing the same problem? A bug with the app perhaps? If this persists, I may try uninstalling and re-installing the app.
    08-05-2013 05:48 PM
    I had some issues, not with the live tile, but with not being logged in. I toggled airplane mode on/off, and the issues resolved themselves.

I'm not sure about the live tiles, since I use the iconic tile, which just shows the number of new articles. That number is updating for me, and the toast notifications are working.
    08-05-2013 05:55 PM
    Usually if it has suddenly stopped working then it's a problem with your phone. I wrote a how to on steps that should fix this issue, you can find it here: Fixing problems with Background Tasks in Windows Phone | Windows Phone Central
    EBynum likes this.
    08-06-2013 08:15 AM
    Mine seems fine. Except sometimes, the app's live tile thinks there's 20 unread stories, when I know full well there aren't.
    08-06-2013 09:09 AM
    Mine seems fine. Except sometimes, the app's live tile thinks there's 20 unread stories, when I know full well there aren't.
    Aye that one happens if one of our guys changes the feed by either changing the app's permalink or taking down an article, nothing to be done about it really
    Pete likes this.
    08-06-2013 11:23 AM
    Usually if it has suddenly stopped working then it's a problem with your phone. I wrote a how to on steps that should fix this issue, you can find it here: Fixing problems with Background Tasks in Windows Phone | Windows Phone Central
    Thanks, Jay! I followed the steps in your article and my WPCentral live tile is working again.
    08-07-2013 11:48 PM
    Anyone else having issues with live tile not updating? Tried reinstalling, clearing cache, restarting phone. Etc... Checked background tasks and it is enabled but live tile never updates. I have to open the app to see new articles. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    Kevin
    08-30-2013 11:37 PM
    Thanks Jay,

Trying your solution now, I will report back with the results in a bit

Kevin
    08-31-2013 08:25 AM
    Nope, still no joy, tile does not update even after following jay's step by step. Anyone else have ideas?
    08-31-2013 09:14 AM
    For the past couple of days, the WPCentral app on my Lumia 920 has not been updating the live tile when new stories are published.
    I've had the opposite issue unfortunately. My live tile has stopped clearing itself after reading new stories. It takes it awhile to remove the numbers.
    09-19-2013 12:49 AM
    I've had the opposite issue unfortunately. My live tile has stopped clearing itself after reading new stories. It takes it awhile to remove the numbers.
    Hi Adretheon, the tile only clears when the news has been able to load (so when the progress bar at the top of the app fades out). If you want to be sure it's cleared, launch the app and let the news fully load
    09-20-2013 02:45 AM