Windows 10 - printers disconnecting

Scott Bradley

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing their printers consistently disconnect from the latest windows 10 build? Troubleshoot option will determine that spooling has been disconnecting - and fix the issue, bu I have to run the troubleshoot each time before I print.

I have two printers connected - one via USB and the other LAN connected - identical behavior on both printers.

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this issue.

saulricardo

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey Scott,
Thanks for the feedback, I've sent an email to the owners of printing to see if this is a known issue.

UPDATE:
A few insiders also encountered this issue, the printing team confirmed they are aware of this and they are taking care of this bug.

It seems the fix would be on the next public flight.

Once again thanks Scott

Last edited:

Dfiguero

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I Have the same problem with the two printers.
First I re started the printer spooler, then this option also do not work with printers.
I hope MS solve this problem soon.:cry:

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I thought it may have been something I did (was tinkering with the printing control panel) but this happens to me too. I get a dialog box about no printers being installed when trying to print. Starting the spooler service seems to correct it most of the time.
You could place a batch file on your Desktop to quickly do this - enter the two lines of text below into a Notepad file, save it as SpoolerRestart.bat to the Desktop (important that the extension is .bat or it won't work). Run it whenever the printers disappear.

Net stop "Print Spooler"
Net start "Print Spooler"

grindnmosh

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I can't get brand new HPs Epsons or Cannons to connect to Win 10. It doesn't find them with the disks or manually installing Win 10 drivers. When will this be fixed Microsoft?:unhappy:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon