Windows 10 has no customization!

jacob103

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
So I updated my Lenovo 510p and my Asus VivoTab Smart. And I've noticed there isn't really customization. My lock screen picture can be changed and my desktop background and color can be changed. But they do not sync between the systems. Nor does the start menu sync between systems. And I've also noticed on my tablet when I swipe up my lock screen it has a different color and I can't change it. Just wondering if there is a way to change it or if its coming in future builds other than that not a problem with my systems so far!! Cortana is very buggy.

ausidog

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I've only installed on one system so far. However, it pulled in all of my customizations from my Win 8.1 machines. Notably, it used the same desktop background.

By the way, please comment on how well the Vivotab Smart tolerates W10, Cortana, and Hey! Cortana. I have one, but I don't want to install W10 on it yet because I'm worried it won't run very well with it.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Syncing (once turned on) works fine for me.
And I wouldn't be too worried about lots of customisation at this stage, it's a technical preview, hence the name "Windows 10 Technical Preview", the UI is far from finished.

markyjns

May 24, 2013
Visit site
The background to my start screen is grey instead of my start screen or my desktop photo and that stupid list wont go from the left hand side, making the start screen poor in the extreme at present but that's what feedback is for and that's the thing its a very very early build yet use it as is and importantly send feedback!

Chuck Foltz

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Go to system properties and advanced properties and settings on performance. Make sure they are checked for the features. Mine by default had some unchecked and so my colors were jacked.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Cortana is not yet ready for prime time Maybe you missed some of the posted stories about this release but its worth a few minutes to read it OP. I rather like discovery aspect of new software but I understand its not everyone's cup of tea. Some would rather all aspects of beta or preview code work flawlessly but this ain't exactly Xanadu. Not yet anyway.

jacob103

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I've only installed on one system so far. However, it pulled in all of my customizations from my Win 8.1 machines. Notably, it used the same desktop background.

By the way, please comment on how well the Vivotab Smart tolerates W10, Cortana, and Hey! Cortana. I have one, but I don't want to install W10 on it yet because I'm worried it won't run very well with it.

It works great so far! Cortana is okay she's not perfect just yet. Only problem I've noticed with the Vivotab is the Windows button doesn't work but its not really useful anymore! My keyboard works good as well!

jacob103

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
And thanks everyone for the comments. After playing with Windows 10 on both systems I've gotten the Sync things to work. And so far everything works okay. Im shocked actually. The only thing that bUgs me is the Live tiles can't be turned off. But its cool I'm sure it will come in later builds!

markyjns

May 24, 2013
Visit site
It is and actually that's sort of the beauty of it, playing in an unfinished world in which your feedback along with that of others may help determine certain aspects

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99