windows phone 8 photogallery ui back in windows phone10

Nadia bruce

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
In this technical preview for phones Microsoft will surely listen to our feedback and request for new Feature don't you think its a good chance to get old gallery style back.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
They will not bring it back. They are aiming for some consistency between apps and that is why we are seeing hamburgers almost everywhere.

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Just watched windows central's hands on with the wp10 photos app, and omg I can't believe how poor the usability is and how bad it looks.

Hamburger, multi-select and ellipses all up at the top of the screen, what is ms thinking??
Sent from my Lumia 930 using Tapatalk

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
It's really disheartening that we went from something beautiful and easy to use to an app that looks like a badly designed mobile website.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I like the new app. And I don't see what's upp with the old one.
Remove the chickenburger from the new one and it's all good.

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I like the new app. And I don't see what's upp with the old one.
Remove the chickenburger from the new one and it's all good.

It might be all good for you since you own a 1520 and are used to doing everything with 2 hands. The new app eliminates one-hand usage for everyone else, and I fail to see how that's a good thing.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, ofc, I'm talkin from my perspective.
I have no experience with it on a smaller phone, but I still think it can't be that bad.
I like the new look of the app better than the old one. I was never into pivots anyway.
Also the new features are great. The only major thing that should be fixed is the hamburger menu at the top.

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
It seems the worst part is going to be the OneDrive integration. If you turn this on, and depending on how many photos you have in the cloud, the app can be REALLY slow. It doesn't seem to cache those thumbnails on the device itself. I have thousands in my OneDrive & use it for its intended purpose of "everything in the cloud" & the app (along with its Win 10 counterpart) slows to a crawl.

At least before, OneDrive photos were somewhat segregated inside the Photos app where you could load them up if you want. Now they're all in the main view. It would work OK if they cached the thumbs, but I bet they won't.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb