Unable to add Spanish keyboard

iosub

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I have try to add a Spanish keyboard .

Everytime I go to devices, keyboard I can see a message "Attention required "

I have also try
Workaround: Reopen the Windows Insider app and re-select Insider Fast/Slow again. The download of keyboard packages will then work

But it doesn't work, btw I have also reset the phone.

My phone is a 635 at&t.

Anyone can help me

Thanks

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Do a soft reset, then try again, if it still doesn't work try downloading the Spanish (mexico/lat am) package?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
same here with German keyboard.

When I upgraded to W10 the German keyboard was working fine after the upgrade.
I just did a hard reset and now cannot get it back. Says attention required after a while of "preparing download..."
did a soft reset, removed the non-functional keyboard entry, rebooted. No luck so far.

wondering if this is a current limitation with W10, a bug or bad luck...

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
same here with German keyboard.

When I upgraded to W10 the German keyboard was working fine after the upgrade.
I just did a hard reset and now cannot get it back. Says attention required after a while of "preparing download..."
did a soft reset, removed the non-functional keyboard entry, rebooted. No luck so far.

wondering if this is a current limitation with W10, a bug or bad luck...

The keyboard problem was a known issue and there is a work around for it. Please see see the link.
Here are the known issues and workarounds with the Windows 10 phone preview | Windows Central

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
The keyboard problem was a known issue and there is a work around for it. Please see see the link.
Here are the known issues and workarounds with the Windows 10 phone preview | Windows Central

yeah, I followed the instructions. Unfortunately they are not working. I've tried this three times already..
​thanks

edit: the keyboard option shows up on the keyboard. However, swiping and text suggestions do not work.
When the download fails after "preparing download..." the error message states
"The text suggestions update for this keyboard didn't download successfully." making it useless of course.

I've done the workaround with and without soft reset and rebooting after going through windows insider app. I keep trying....

Last edited:

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
II'm thinking to move back to 8.1 with the recovery tool, install the keyboard languages.. And then update to wp10
Let's post here any news ..
I just did that. However, it did two updates, first one was still under 8.1. It therefore took a long time. But it worked and I didn't end up with a lagging home screen like the first time I upgraded to W10.
​I have my German keyboard fully functional back.

iosub

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I just restore wp8.1 and then update to win10. Before the update I add the Spanish keyboard. Now I have both on win10

Choik Bierboik

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I've also read that if you can download the speech pack, keyboard suggestions will also be available.
Unfortunately the Dutch speech pack is not available (yet):straight:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss