Build 10041 Freezing

SPS828

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I just finished updating to 10041 and every time I boot my computer, after 2 minuets everything completely freezes and the hard drive LED stops flashing. Does anybody know how to fix this?

I also noticed that the Cortana logo and microphone are missing from the taskbar: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426881614.726242.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPS828

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
So far I haven't seen a fix for the "freezing" bug.. It does seem that it's being caused by the display drivers, so perhaps rolling those drivers back might help (if you're using nvidia or sth like that)

WC also did an article on a few issues and gave a link for others issues, so perhaps you can try there

Microsoft has workarounds for some Windows 10 build 10041 issues | Windows Central

Thanks! I rolled back my graphics drivers and it doesn't seem to freeze anymore but now Cortana seems non existant since the update.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
On a separate note.. It's very weird to see so many bugs, considering the amount of time left before w10 goes public :/

SPS828

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
On a separate note.. It's very weird to see so many bugs, considering the amount of time left before w10 goes public :/

I agree. If they want to release it by summer they better fix those bugs quick.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I rolled back my graphics drivers and it doesn't seem to freeze anymore but now Cortana seems non existant since the update.

How did you rollback? My machine won't stay unfrozen long enough.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I needed to get into my PC so I could do my school work so I rolled back. One issue... I can no longer get the start menu to display. No amount of clicking will work. Ugh... Beware all...

oh, notification center is broken too.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I just finished updating to 10041 and every time I boot my computer, after 2 minuets everything completely freezes and the hard drive LED stops flashing. Does anybody know how to fix this?

I also noticed that the Cortana logo and microphone are missing from the taskbar: View attachment 100114

I needed to get into my PC so I could do my school work so I rolled back. One issue... I can no longer get the start menu to display. No amount of clicking will work. Ugh... Beware all...

oh, notification center is broken too.

I had the same issue. My screen used to free for the past two days. I resolved it by clicking the "windows" button on the keyboard, when the laptop had frozen. Did it on two occasions and now it does not freeze at all.

SPS828

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue. My screen used to free for the past two days. I resolved it by clicking the "windows" button on the keyboard, when the laptop had frozen. Did it on two occasions and now it does not freeze at all.

The Windows button doesn't seem to fix it for me.

Andrii Liubimov

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
When I upgraded to 10041, my PC stop working at all. Login screen hang with no controls available. MS recommends to click switch user, however I even don't have this button.

Rollback said, that I don't have previous version. Reinstalling fresh Win8.1.

Denton Cantwell

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
smarter yes but sometimes using a virtual computer limits the actual testing of a new OS. a VM may not have the same bugs as if you installed it onto a physical machine since it is all virtual. ive had windows TP running fine on a vm so i installed it on my laptop and i had an issue where the startmenu wouldnt appear i rebooted it and it had the flashing screen after i had logged in. not only that when i restarted again, not changing anything, it wouldnt even boot to the login screen. now thats where im stuck at im pretty much going to try a wipe and reinstall build 10041 instead of upgrading the build like i previously did.

Jorge M Herrero

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
After I installed 10041 while in the fast ring, I experienced the same problem, every few minutes, everything freezed, including even the keyboard.

I went back to 9926, and tried 10041 again using a ISO mounted in a USB drive, and after installing the newer updates...the same. Crashes very quickly. Not a single solution found for now, it's quite annoying.

fragment137

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing video issues, freezing, and extremely slow access on my storage RAID since upgrading to this build.

Also have the bug of Cortana not working at all...

I have the icon but I can't click on it, and I can't get to Search settings at all either.

I updated from 9926. If I do the rollback, is it going to go back to 8.1? Or will it roll back to build 9926?

royalstream

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site

Well at least in this case it looks like the problem is driver related. The OS could be really stable but if we don't have compatible drivers we're still going to have serious issues.
Hopefully that will not be the case when the official drivers come out.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Well at least in this case it looks like the problem is driver related. The OS could be really stable but if we don't have compatible drivers we're still going to have serious issues.
Hopefully that will not be the case when the official drivers come out.

Yes a lot of these problems are due to the lack of drivers being available. Unfortunately not everybody gets that :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes