Windows Phone Recovery Tool Download data

anon(9053347)

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey.. I'm going to download Windows Phone Recovery Tool to downgrade back to Windows 8.1 on my Lumia 520. My question is.. after I download the 1.6 Gigs firmware, will the data be automatically removed or can I use it for recovering my friend's Lumia too which happens to be a 520 too ?... If not, is there any way in which I can find a standalone package to download the firmware so that I can use it for both Lumias and also as our Internet speed as slow as 512 Kbps, I can't download same files twice.. Avg. speed in India.. Anyway.. Thanks for noticing.

anon(9053347)

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
You think.. Hmm.. Anyone who can approve this statement? Cause I don't think microsoft won't store in temp folder. I tracked the folder and its in program data and I don't think it would be deleted after use. BTW.. Both are same to same... Lumia 520..

BeornSV

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Each phone has its own, stable, customized version of the system from your mobile operator, otherwise we would not have waited so long to new update.
So you certainly have to download the correct version for each model, when it Recovery Tool detected phone model.

anon(9053347)

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Both are international models.. And one more thing.. Did microsoft dfix the windows recovery tool? Can i recover back without bricking my phone? I heard some news about bricking phones.. Thats why..

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Both are international models.. And one more thing.. Did microsoft dfix the windows recovery tool? Can i recover back without bricking my phone? I heard some news about bricking phones.. Thats why..

I believe that has been fixed. Make sure you have an up-to-date version of the recovery tool.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

Yeah the bricking issue is solved I roll backed to 8.1 on my L520 without any issue.
If both are the international model of L520 then you don't need to download the package again.

anon(9053347)

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Guys.. Thank you for your responses.. I have rolled back to Windows 8.1 on both phones without downloading twice! Thank you for your time!
And for the record..
If phones are of the same model and carrier or both are international models.. You can use the same recovery again... Its stored in program data in C drive. You may backup for future use.
Rool back issues are fixed.. Mine did its recovery. Love windows 8 now more than ever!!

vibek4u

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Hey there i am facing the same issues and want to reinstall the software i had already downloaded the 1.5 gb some 5 days ago. can you tell me the steps to reinstall the software because when i open the windows device recovery tool (ver- 3.1.4)
it starts downloading the package. so how can i use the earlier downloaded package.
Thanks

Jastud_21

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Thanks I found the folder where I had downloaded the image from. Is it possible to run the Device recovery tool from the command prompt, so I can load it manually? If so could you please tell me the steps. thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon