I was installing the Windows 10 Preview update and now my phone keeps restarting itself, how can I stop it?

Andy Aleman

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I was installing the windows 10 preview update and now my phone keeps restarting itself

The phone downloaded the update well but when it started installing it began to restart over and over again and since that it hasnt stoped pls if someone help meeee

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: I was installing the windows 10 preview update and now my phone keeps restarting itself

You will need to rollback to WP8.1 with the Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Andy Aleman

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: I was installing the windows 10 preview update and now my phone keeps restarting itself

i can't the phone doesn't stop restarting, like it never gets to the start menu

Asad Ahmad

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

im having the same problem .... tell me how to resolve it !!

y2B1323

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Do you get :?( before restart?

deejohdumb

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I had the exact same problem last night. You have to download the recovery tool from Microsoft. Plug in your phone via USB, if it doesn't recognize your phone like it mine then click that your phone wasn't recognized. Start downloading it, since the phone was turning off and on the entire time it took more than two hours to download. Once it was downloaded it was a quick 1 minute install and the phone was good as new. Recovery tool is the only way to fix it!

Last edited:

Andy Aleman

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

sorry to be so annoying, but can u give me the link to download the recovery app??

sourav ghosh969

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

i faced same problem,,,then i rollback 8.1,,then install,,,,,now today again i installed wp 10 in phone and pc,,,,,

Raphyni

May 3, 2014
Visit site

I did this, but when i have downloaded 1.57 gb software availability. it says it has problems.. zzz.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Actually, there's another way.

Force shut down the phone (keep the power button held until it stops responding).

Now, hold down the Volume Down key and turn the phone back on. Once you see a large exclamation point, press the next set of keys in order - Volume Up, Volume Down, Power, then Volume Down.

This will start a hard reset, then just set up there phone like normal.

(I had a test phone that had the problem, this is how I fixed it.)

Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss