W10P 10166: Can install or update from the store Error 0x80073Cf9 ? any idea ?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I have had some update pending but, they keep failing, no biggie apps so it was not bothering me. I use the Twitter app Aeries and there was an issue (cant tweet or fav), and the fix was in a update. So, I attempted to update and I get Error 0x80073Cf9, So I, uninstalled the app and tried to reinstall it. It just hangs and goes no where. Other apps are pending and they are failing with that same error 0x80073Cf9.

Any idea on this one ? I Binged/Googled it and only thing I could find is to do a soft reset and I have done that a few times and no change.

If I cant fix this, I might have to roll back....

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
That does not help and something I am trying to avoid at this point.. If I roll back I am going to restore my image, it's bad enough that my phone will be unusable for about 2-3 hours while it's downloading apps, that I have to set everything up again ?

10166 after install doing a hard reset put my phone into a endless Sad face, reboot and repeat....So, that is not even an option.

I would like to see if there is something to fix this...Otherwise tonight back to 8.1....I like W10M but, it's got some big bugs and some minor ones but, this one would be a big one if I cant install my Twitter app..

Conrad Shull

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
The common fix for this and so many other problems seems to have a familiar ring, something similar to "Try reloading Windows." ala Win95.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss