Will People Hub ever get history or notifications again?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Really disappointed with the people hub in the latest build. The people hub is still just as gutted from 8.1 as it was months ago.

I'm worried this is the final feature set .... no history, no notifications :( What use was changing it other making the photos round? It has so much less functionality. Is there any improvement to it??

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Have every single build and they've ll been upvoted too. I'm just scratching my head to see what was improved in the people hub. Things were only removed and the picture made round. All useless enhancements. I figured by now it should have a working history.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
What I loved about WP 8 and 8.1 more than any other aspect was the ability to pin a person's live tile to my home screen. From there any communication would result in a notification just on that person. If I clicked on the tile it would go straight to their last communication. I could also access all communication history on that person from the people hub or person's live tile.

That functionality is what made it people centric. Not some stupid round photo that rolls around.

All that is gone and replaced with round photos.

Last edited:

Karan Singh12

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I think the coming builds will include a lot of cool stuff... Now they're basically polishing the whole OS.. So I think we should be hopeful and *patient*.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I don't have to much hope for new features - normally you add features first and make the polishing afterwards. In my opinion its the same as with Windows 10 - Microsoft failed to complete the features in their own time frame so they need to push out feature cut software.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I realize it's beta still but this late in the process there is such major missing functionality, which makes me worried this is the final feature set. The People app and Photos app are hands down downgrades. With any hope there may be a branch that hasn't been merged in yet.

I'm a software architect and if I do major upgrade or new system I always make sure existing functionality comes first. It's a hard rule of mine. You can't give people less and call it an upgrade. Even if it's something 10% of the people use. Every person out there probably falls into one of those 10 percents for some features.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon