touch screen becomes non responsive quite often (buld 14393.5)

Girish Kumar10

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
My Lumia 1520's touch screen becomes non responsive very often leaving me frustrated. The screen menus start dancing and touch screen becomes non responsive. Tried both soft reset and hard reset(from About->reset), but couldn't help. Some time the physical buttons ( navigation,windows and search buttons work, some time only camera, volume and power buttons work).

Pls help me

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 1520's touch screen becomes non responsive very often leaving me frustrated. The screen menus start dancing and touch screen becomes non responsive. Tried both soft reset and hard reset(from About->reset), but couldn't help. Some time the physical buttons ( navigation,windows and search buttons work, some time only camera, volume and power buttons work).

Pls help me

Did you fell your phone? Water / dust? It sounds like a hardware screen faut

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Pls help me

did it start to happen recently? A lot of forum users on WC had reported this - it's been infamously called the phantom touch issue. If you got the phone recently and it's under warranty, consider getting it fixed or replaced

Girish Kumar10

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
It happened recently, possibly after updating the latest build mentioned above(not so sure though).
No my phone did not fall and I noticed one thing today that with vertical orientation lock on, it rarely happens(still happens, but not very often, but when I turn my device to landscape With rotation lock still set to vertical).

Also noticed that after a soft reset, the lock screen shows a time earlier that almost 4hours, until we unlock and lock again

My handset is more than two years old and hence out of warranty.

RichHowerton

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I too am having this issue, but it is very random. It only affects phone, sms, and sometimes calendar. All the other screen apps respond. For some reason, if I press phone, on the screen, it doesn't respond. However I can press edge, or skype, or something else... They will load. Crazy. Reboot fixes it .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon