Broken Data limit reading build 14946

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Every since upgrading to the latest insider build 14946, my device keeps telling me I have reached my data limit(of which I have not) and I can't even make changes to the feature in the settings app, not sure what MS has done here. Has anyone else suffered this issue an know of a fix? Not a deal breaker if I have WiFi but will be a pain when out and about.

Thanks.

jailive

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I am on L1520
Let me see if I face any difficulty. With Build 14936 I was facing huge battery drain. Everything else was fine. Hey Cortana was never available since I updated to W10.
Let me see how 14946 treats my 1520

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, only issues for me on 14936 were true caller app lost integration to phone app, some random reboots and the sd card needed fix error but I can live with those just want to resolve this annoying issue.

oscarodas

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I had a worst experience, my phone 1520 installed the updates and after re-booting the phone is stuck at the windows logo, after about one hour I did a soft reset, the phone restarts but gets stuck again on the logo, unfortunately I don't have a pc, I'll try to install Windows on my iMac to try the recovery tool.

jailive

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, only issues for me on 14936 were true caller app lost integration to phone app, some random reboots and the sd card needed fix error but I can live with those just want to resolve this annoying issue.

SD card fix. Just restart the phone. Worked fine for me.
Only difficulty I face is one of the app while updating on store gives 0x80073CF9 error.

oscarodas

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Managed to get my phone working after reverting to 8.1, I was also having messages about reaching my data limit, the solution is to press and hold the tiny window that says Delete next to Set limit (Data Usage)

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
This build broke my Contacts and all microsofts built in apps for communication. People, Messaging and Phone, all contacts are gone, and can not even open any of those apps they just do not open. Can only call, if I would remember any number... can not save any contact either, And really terrible battery. I am Really pissed, do not want a hard reset at all.

Oh and one more thing, using USB can not access phones files nor SD card, folders just does not show up.

Last edited:

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I turn on the quiet hours most of the times to prevent screen lighting up every second. However, I'm missing important notifications when I do this. Dona tweeted there won't be a new build today so I was wondering if there is a way to fix on our hand. Anyone found a solution for this problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99