Maps app keeps forgetting Home and Work location

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I joined the Insider fast ring in June and currently have build 15240. I changed work locations about 3 weeks ago and updated the saved Work location in the maps app at that time.

I have the directions pinned to my Start screen so I can easily check estimated arrival time each morning while I drive to work. I've noticed since updating my work location that sometimes this pinned tile will tell me that I need to add a work place to favorites in order to get directions. I've saved the location about 3 times in the past three weeks and then the pinned tile for directions will work properly for a few days.

This morning when the same thing happened again, I noticed that the Home favorite in the Maps app no longer had a location saved, which I saved again last week when I noticed it was missing.

Even before I changed work locations, I noticed that my phone was no longer letting me know when I should leave for work based on that morning's traffic. Has anyone else noticed a problem with the Maps app forgetting these saved locations?

The strangest thing to me is that I haven't updated my car location in a few months, since before I installed Insider builds, and that location has not been forgotten by the app. The last saved location of my car is dated May 23.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
This morning, the work location was forgotten again, but the Home location I re-added yesterday was still saved.

directions.png

Attachments

• directions.jpg
    directions.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 2

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
After re-saving my work and home locations multiple times over the past few weeks, I thought this issue had sorted itself out. It has prompted me when to leave for work and home the past five days. However, I just opened the Maps app on my phone to prove to myself that the issue has been resolved and my home and work locations are no longer saved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes