Good VPN Software for Windows Mobile

rareed0219

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Let me start by saying I have a Treo Pro and I also have an iPod Touch. On the iPhone/iPod Touch you have the ability to create a VPN connection that uses the standard Cisco VPN interface (shared group password/user as well as individual pass/user, etc).

I love the Treo Pro and can do EVERYTHING on it that I need to, except I cannot connect to my workstations and servers (with the built in terminal server app) because they are behind a Cisco ASA.

I have to pull out the iPod Touch, find a hotspot, connect to the VPN and then I use the iPod application WinAdmin. This works great but I want to carry one device.

ANY suggestions for configurable VPNs that work well with 6.1 and the above described network configuration?

gksmithlcw

Dec 15, 2006
Visit site
Let me start by saying I have a Treo Pro and I also have an iPod Touch. On the iPhone/iPod Touch you have the ability to create a VPN connection that uses the standard Cisco VPN interface (shared group password/user as well as individual pass/user, etc).

I love the Treo Pro and can do EVERYTHING on it that I need to, except I cannot connect to my workstations and servers (with the built in terminal server app) because they are behind a Cisco ASA.

I have to pull out the iPod Touch, find a hotspot, connect to the VPN and then I use the iPod application WinAdmin. This works great but I want to carry one device.

ANY suggestions for configurable VPNs that work well with 6.1 and the above described network configuration?

Have you tried WinMo's built-in VPN software? It always worked well for me when I was using it.

rareed0219

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
It won't work in this case because our VPN connection uses a group user name and pass along with an individual user/pass combo. In the old days that's just what I used because we had a Windows VPN server but no longer.

gksmithlcw

Dec 15, 2006
Visit site
It won't work in this case because our VPN connection uses a group user name and pass along with an individual user/pass combo. In the old days that's just what I used because we had a Windows VPN server but no longer.

Ah... In that case, I cannot help. I've never looked into any other options.

gjlowe

May 27, 2004
Visit site
I tried Bluefire VPN, and must say DON'T use it on a Treo 800w. It doesn't work, and it had the bad side effect of constantly turning on my WiFi connection even if I didn't want it on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon