Wp7 not selling well

undead swagger

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Wats up guys, new here, anyway windows phone will do just fine. People are buying it and loving it, and everyone I show my focus to really likes it even ios and android fans so just give it time. I will put my money on that it will be in the top 2, The war will be between MS and Google, Apple will fall to 3rd place because of their 1 phone a year, 1 form and close ecosystem that only a Apple fan could really love

jeffa00

Dec 2, 2010
galacticbeacon.com
Microsoft Marketing

What Microsoft needs to do is hire Jerry Seinfeld to star in a commercial with Bill Gates. THAT would make people want to buy their phones. Or not. Maybe they should get Ted Danson?

Microsoft has a sad track record with advertising.

Google really hasn't done that well with Android advertising either. Motorola did an AWESOME job of advertising the Droid. Verizon has done an AWESOME job of advertising Android.

Microsoft's approach to WP7 advertising has been humorous, but counter productive. Their pitch is that WP7 is the smartphone for people who don't want to actually spend time using their smartphone. Guess what? People LOVE spending time using their smartphones!

Waiting for Mango is a LOT like waiting for the Messiah.

I believe MS will take the number 3 spot within a couple of years, and Mango is CRUCIAL to that. Pre-Mango WP7 phone is an incomplete experience. They rushed it out the door because they HAD to get a dog in the race. They knew they could upgrade once they had a foot in the proverbial door.

My concern is how long it is taking to get Mango out. It really needed to be on the phones at launch. The experience with the NODO update rolling out was nearly disastrous. They really need to nail this one, and sooner rather than later.

PZ+WP7

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Store reps are not selling it...
I know a guy who owns one of the Verizon Franchise store, and he says that they get $200 for Android phone and $50 for iPhone (with contract signed)... he doesnt know what would be the payout for HTC Trophy, because distribution has yet to send it to him.. (which is also messed up!!!) and as we all know, Trophy was supposed to be in stores - JUNE 2nd.
Microsoft has to start flexing its muscle and force those sales and pick up marketing!

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Microsoft's approach to WP7 advertising has been humorous, but counter productive. Their pitch is that WP7 is the smartphone for people who don't want to actually spend time using their smartphone. Guess what? People LOVE spending time using their smartphones!

That's a really great point! People love their tech devices and this does not capture that essence at all. Interesting observation you raised.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
That's a really great point! People love their tech devices and this does not capture that essence at all. Interesting observation you raised.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

Exactly. I always imagine iPhone users saying, "haha! That's me! I'm always looking at my phone becaue I love it so much!" It's like they're advertising for the opposition.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I hate to say it but Mango in the fall may to too late. It would make sense to me to release 100 new featuresnow and more as they are ready. Five hundred new things is just too many for most useres to digest at one time.

My Tropy was loads of fun to play with the first couple of weeks but now; not so much. I'm still seething that I have to use the cloud and not direct sync with Outlook; just doesn't make any sense at all.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It depends if iOS or Android release any kick *** phones before Mango is released. I just seen the iOS 5 release. Nothing there that would make me jump ship.

jeffa00

Dec 2, 2010
galacticbeacon.com
It depends if iOS or Android release any kick *** phones before Mango is released. I just seen the iOS 5 release. Nothing there that would make me jump ship.

Definitely not the most exciting iOS release so far. Not even "evolutionary", just a step up. Honestly I think the best feature was the "You don't have to have iTunes just to boot the damned thing the first time".

I wonder if we'll see people camp outside the stores to the same extent as iOS 4? Can't imagine.

Soaker

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

Exactly! I never understood why they went with that, especially since WP7 is a joy to use and offers so much that the public would be interested in (Office, Xbox Live, etc.).

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
There's only an estimated 3 million WP7 phones out there. Poor sales should be common knowledge by now. All this is is confirmation of what we already know.

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
MS has made it's mark in the smartphone market. It's only a matter of time before they truly explode worldwide with Mango. They need to get Zune marketplace worldwide or some kind of music download service that works for every country. I hope the Mango software fixes this somehow.

Sent from my LG Quantum using Board Express

Samsteele

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
MS has made it's mark in the smartphone market. It's only a matter of time before they truly explode worldwide with Mango. They need to get Zune marketplace worldwide or some kind of music download service that works for every country. I hope the Mango software fixes this somehow.

Sent from my LG Quantum using Board Express

I would love to be able to purchase music from zune! this is one of the biggest things that gnaws at me on the inside.

king5697#CB

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Things would be a lot better if these Windows Phones came with the mango features already on them. Then there's the NoDo update debaucle. I love my Arrive as my work phone, but seeing the mango features make me wonder why these phones didn't already have these features from jumpstreet. Microsoft being Microsoft....(ranting)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Things would be a lot better if these Windows Phones came with the mango features already on them. Then there's the NoDo update debaucle. I love my Arrive as my work phone, but seeing the mango features make me wonder why these phones didn't already have these features from jumpstreet. Microsoft being Microsoft....(ranting)

Oh I don't know. Why didn't Apple just release iOS5 in 2007 instead of waiting all these years?

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Definitely not the most exciting iOS release so far. Not even "evolutionary", just a step up. Honestly I think the best feature was the "You don't have to have iTunes just to boot the damned thing the first time".

I wonder if we'll see people camp outside the stores to the same extent as iOS 4? Can't imagine.

people camp outside stores to get something that's delivered to their computers?

as to windows phone, it's going to take time to gain traction, people are scared of change, and some fear it so much that they automatically hate anything new. tighter integration (cross device gaming) with xbox 360 will be a pretty big selling point, and if they can work something out for the homebrew community with the release of mango, i think that will be pretty big in regards to getting some of the android community to switch over, or at least look this way...

give it time...the first xbox sucked too in regards to sales, msft tends to play the long game and will throw money at things they feel they need to be a major player in.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Giveit time Nokia will come out with some devices soon the problem is this why should peeps wait for mango when the can go out and get everything they want or need now from the big two.WP7 Shoulld have come out with everything mango has to offer out of the gate.if they did sales would have off the chart.plus how many stellar devices dorsWP7 have in comparison to Android .ms really needs to step this up they are slow in a fast moving mobile work who is not waiting for them.i mean advertising the OS showing what it can do rather than showing folks falling down or dropping devices in urinals

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes