Help with Updating

yeah3x

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
So I got my new Orange Samsung Omnia 7 new and unlocked and I love the phone. However, the update process has been all trouble. I keep getting error codes during step 8 when the install bar reaches 100% and the phone restores the backup because of an error.

I've had to hard reset multiple times and I even reinstalled Zune to no luck. I've gotten the USB drive error code and now Error xxxxxxxCE that I couldn't have find a result for on Google let alone Microsoft's help page. Can anyone help? I'm on ATT's network and currently have 7.0008 firmware trying to update to 7392.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
make sure you are using the 2.0 or 3.0 usb on the back of your pc, i have seem some have trouble with usb errors using the front ones... also driver errors. worst case scenario, try updating on a different pc just to see what happens

yeah3x

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi thanks for the help. Ok about the update tool, I thought that was only for updating TO 7.008 not FROM 7.008? And also I tried updating on my desktop and the update still failed. Also, I have tried updating on my laptop on a USB 3.0 and 2.0 slot. I'll try again tonight with the support tool and post the results.

yeah3x

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I just retried the update and again and it gets the full progress bar at step 8, stays that way for like 30 minutes and then posts error code 801812CE and says "We couldn't access your phone's data." Does the mobile data need to be on for an update because mine is disabled?

Edit: I tried resetting the phone to factory and made Zune forget my phone and I still got the same error code that isn't listed on Microsoft's help site. Ugh so frustrating!

Last edited:

yeah3x

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Finally problem solved! I tried updating without the SIM card in guessing maybe the problem was the UK phone updating in the US and the update finally installed! Hope this helps anyone else with this problem.

Reactions: VernonEL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon