Has anyone rolled back to NoDo from Mango?

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Just go to Settings / About / More, jalb. :) (OS Version)

Mine is 7.10.7720.68 (RTM)

Thank you! Mine is 7.10.7712.60

Do you suppose I would need to update to the 20.68 (RTM) in order to avoid having to roll back to nodo when the actual Mango update comes out?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Actually MS already stated to devs that they WOULD be required to revert back to Nodo to update to the official Mango release. All part of the multiple backup messages displayed when accepting the beta invite. I think we've all forgotten that the beta was supposed to be for devs to build Mango apps with, and not as an updatable beta.

Plus I've had conversations with Zune support to reset the device count on my Zune account due to the repeated exchanges I went through with my DVP and they couldnt understand my problem. Frankly I'm not convinced they know what they are talking about. You could end up being alright and be able to go from RTM to carrier final but its 50-50, I think.

But doesn't RTM mean return to manufacturer, meaning it is no longer in Beta? From what I understand if you're not carrier locked, this is pretty much the version you're going to receive, plus the drivers and whatever the manufacturer needs to add. So it doesn't really make sense to go back to NoDo if you already have the final copy. Of course, I'm no engineer so I could be totally wrong.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
But doesn't RTM mean return to manufacturer, meaning it is no longer in Beta? From what I understand if you're not carrier locked, this is pretty much the version you're going to receive, plus the drivers and whatever the manufacturer needs to add. So it doesn't really make sense to go back to NoDo if you already have the final copy. Of course, I'm no engineer so I could be totally wrong.

Could well be. But with the Chevron WP7 thing MS claimed those devices were out of sync with the normal update process, and no OEM is expecting to build an update for devices running RTM. So same thing could happen here. Or not. Guess as long as someone is ok with going back to Nodo if it doesnt upgrade to final its not a real problem.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
But how long do you think it will take before we see the improvements? And as far as the corrections, the only time I am able to make corrections is when I use speech-to-text for texting. Are you saying that when I say, for example, "Pizza Hut" and it returns and searches for "Putt" that if I correct "Putt" to "Pizza Hut" in the search bar when the search results come back that Microsoft will be able to see that? If this is not true, when do you make these corrections?

Yes. If you have the option where you share your data to MS on, then it will do that.

I work at a company that uses speech recognition. So the topic about Microsoft's methods has come up.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Could well be. But with the Chevron WP7 thing MS claimed those devices were out of sync with the normal update process, and no OEM is expecting to build an update for devices running RTM. So same thing could happen here. Or not. Guess as long as someone is ok with going back to Nodo if it doesnt upgrade to final its not a real problem.

I believe with the Walsh update (I think that's the one you're referring to), it was taken from a full carrier release. So the version number was actually higher than the MS Release To Manufacturer update.

There was extra stuff on there already. Extra stuff that would interfere with the extra stuff your carrier was trying to put on your phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon