Rotten Apples

DarkFears

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
So today I noticed that the Atrix 2 is now on ATT website. But the was no announcement and no advertising of it. Looks like WP7's are not alone in this craze over rotten Apples.

The situation with the carriers... especially Sprint... Why isn't microsoft strong arming them a bit? Apple has a lot of money, strong following, but last time I checked so does Microsoft. Why is it so annoyingly slanted towards Apple? According to all the reports Android is doing way better than iOs now, and still the rotten Apple gets picked up and polished like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I am sure there are NDA's that Apple signs with each carrier who carries the iPhone. Apple got their foot in the door first. Look at T-Mobile, they don't have an iPhone, I am sure they would want one, but there's a reason why they don't. I am sure it has to do with competition.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Love em or hate em, its hard to deny the incredible loyalty of the Apple fanbase. Carriers and retailers love them because they will turn out in millions for each new product. They also have a 93% satisfaction rate so there are few returns. Retailing to Apple fans is like printing money. For the record, I don't like Apple or buy their products, but I can't deny reality.

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
exactly. Look at what happened with the latest introduction of the new iPhone. It's basically the same phone with a couple of updates. There was huge hype and speculation about the new iPhone5 only to be given the 4GS. Had that happened with any other platform, including Droid, the outrage would have been nearly a revolt in the streets. Since it was Apple, people flocked to it and begged them to take their money.

Microsoft will never have that kind of following. They have been marked as the Evil Empire for too long to shake the image. Droid is Google and they've got nearly the same image as Apple does these days.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
iOS is bigger than Android if you factor in all the devices that run it, and no single Android phone comes close to sales of the iPhone. That's why carriers love it - it's a massive selling device that only needs one marketing push, one set of materials, one set of training etc. It's not Droid X this week and then Atrix 2 the week after that split the budget. And the 4S is a solid upgrade (the design is the same - pretty much everything else is new) that fits Apple's clever 2-year cycle. They match their releases to consumer's average contract length, so it'll mainly be 3GS owners upgrading to the 4GS, so for them it's a big jump up in spec.

Given MS have a software model quite like Apple's already, I think as WP7 expands they will benefit by having a small range of handsets updated on a similar schedule but all with guaranteed spec levels. It's taking the best of both - more choice and styles, like Android, but with a guaranteed level of functionality, like Apple. Buy an iPhone and you know it's good for support for 2-3 years minimum. Buy an Android handset and there'll be a new one out a week later and you might not get any software updates after 6 months, if at all, depending on what was on your phone in the first place and how cheap your handset was. Buy a WP7 phone and you get the choice with the support.

DarkFears

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Well my personal experience with both iOS and Android has been horrible. My personal experience with apple users as a whole is basically that Apple users act like mindless zombies when it comes to Apple for really no extraordinarily or apparently good reason. I have had my fair share of the rotten Apple experience, and it is mostly a load of crap. I have a lot of friends with iOS and Apple products that have said "dude look at this, isn't it cool, watch, just watch this" and I sit there waiting until I finally cannot handle the suspense and ask them when the "cool" part is going to come.

I am no MS ******, I am posting this from Firefox which is running on Ubuntu-Linux 11.10. I like WP7 because it actually works. And although the devices/hardware have been put down as being "less than par" I find them to be very very adequate with more than sufficient build quality. It is a bunch of mindless crap spewing from ****** types, or people who just want to say something for the sake of saying something.

Sorry but I have really had my fill of the Apple nonsense. Venting. :)

Btw I have always concluded that Apple users are probably so satisfied because they have so much invested both financially and emotionally that they would be embarrassed or feel like a dumbass if they ever admitted Apple sucked in any aspect (like a guy in denial about his wife cheating on him) besides the fact that its "popular" (at school i notice the iPhone users make sure they are holding their phone so that coincidentally, everyone else is sure to notice and be aware that they do indeed have a iPhone in their hand, which is actually very useful for me because it lets me be aware of who not to ask about a terminal command line, or anything of much practical use).

Last edited:

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
As an Apple user AND a WP7 user, I think you've had quite a bad experience somewhere along the line! Most Apple users I know (including myself) buy and use Apple stuff for the No. 1 reason anyone should buy and use any stuff - the product does what they need, does it well, and they enjoy using it. There are a few people I know who have iPhones only because that's what the guy in the shop sold them, but any other day of the week they'd have walked out with an Android phone - it's just whoever sold them whatever on the day.

Funnily enough, the absolute biggest, biggest ****** I know is a Nokia owner, so pretty soon I reckon he'll single-handedly be making up for any MS marketing shortfall. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism