How to manually add a podcast feed to Zune app?

Phil from Nokia

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi all! First post, w00t!

I'm running Mango on a Nokia Lumia 800. How do I manually add a podcast RSS feed to the Zune app? Please don't say "Connect to your PC..." :)

Thanks!!

SJamG

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Unsure if you can do from the phone in the UK. I managed to subscribe to a few podcasts using the Zune app on the PC then, I assume you just sync the phone and they should come across.

Reason I'm not sure is that I'm waiting to pickup my Lumia tomorrow....how did you get yours early ;)

Phil from Nokia

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I did the same. But I loathe having to ever connect my mobile to my laptop.

I'd move to a 3rd party podcatcher...but they're all equally lame so far. Boo.

SJamG

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Indeed! Would be awesome if this was built in to Zune...it may be for the US user base, can't understand why it's not activated for the rest of us.

I may need to go with a third party app, will keep you posted if I find a half decent one.

How are you finding the Lumia? :)

SJamG

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I correct myself...I dont think it even works for the US folks either - thinks its missing for everyone.

Tried Bringcast?

Phil from Nokia

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Zune-podcasting is weird. Once I have subscribed to a podcast, it won't let me download any additional episodes. I can see the episodes, then I click download and nothing happens. Not sure if it's a bug or I'm just retarded.

The Lumia 800 is the nicest piece of hardware I've ever touched. I had a pink N9 for months and totally fell in love - putting Mango on that just makes it even more unbelievable. My girlfriend with her iPhone4 is jealous. But then again, I work for Nokia, so maybe I'm a bit biased. :)

kj_wp

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
check the music settings menu to enable download it's

Zune-podcasting is weird. Once I have subscribed to a podcast, it won't let me download any additional episodes. I can see the episodes, then I click download and nothing happens. Not sure if it's a bug or I'm just retarded.

The Lumia 800 is the nicest piece of hardware I've ever touched. I had a pink N9 for months and totally fell in love - putting Mango on that just makes it even more unbelievable. My girlfriend with her iPhone4 is jealous. But then again, I work for Nokia, so maybe I'm a bit biased. :)

you need to enable ota download in the settings.

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
On device podcasting in WP7 does suck. In the UK at least. I'm sure it's all wonderful in the US.

Without using any 3rd party apps you have to sync one episode across from Zune on your PC. Then you can use that to tell the phone to subscribe to the series. I hate having to connect my phone to my PC as well, but it's the only way it works.

Podcast downloading will then only happen when the phone is on charge and connected to WiFi. I don't have the option to enable 3G downloading on my phone, and I suspect it's because I'm not in the US.

On device podcast downloading worked sweet as a nut, without any PC in sight 2.5 years ago on my old Symbian! Only thing that was ever good at...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes