How to get high resolution contact photos.

CourierJam

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm tired of seeing low resolution crappy contact photos when people call me. Currently, the phone is pulling pictures from whatever my contact's profile picture is on Facebook. I also am linked with Google contacts but I don't have any photos uploaded there that my windows phone 7 is using as contact pictures. I have not done anything with my Windows Live account so I know the picture resolution problem is not coming from there.

I tried going through this method http://www.windowscentral.com/tip-get-high-res-photos-contacts-your-wp7-device but I couldn't get past step 3 because I couldn't find the "Contacts' pictures" tab. Perhaps the article is outdated and there is a different method of fixing this problem?

Anyone know what to do? Help!

Thanks in advance,

CourierJam

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

Hi CourierJam, think the easiest way is to go to your contact then hit ... at the bottom, then edit, then click on the photo. (Select your hi res photo wherever you have it stored)

Welcome along to WPCentral. :)

CourierJam

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Click to view quoted image

Hi CourierJam, think the easiest way is to go to your contact then hit ... at the bottom, then edit, then click on the photo. (Select your hi res photo wherever you have it stored)

Welcome along to WPCentral. :)
I don't have any stored and I have way too many contacts to edit individually. I would just like to pull whatever my contact's profile picture is on Facebook and use that as the contact picture. Clearly, the picture resolution is lower on my samsung focus than it is on their Facebook.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any stored and I have way too many contacts to edit individually. I would just like to pull whatever my contact's profile picture is on Facebook and use that as the contact picture. Clearly, the picture resolution is lower on my samsung focus than it is on their Facebook.

1-Contact
2-Edit
3-Click on picture
4- Choose a picture.

Windows Live, Facebook etc...

Choose Facebook and done ;)

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Can just unlike Google contacts? It's possible that you are getting thumbnails instead of actual pictures since my phones look alright when I get a call. I mean they don't look amazingly crisp but no bad enough that I notice it.

rezzet#CB

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm tired of seeing low resolution crappy contact photos when people call me. Currently, the phone is pulling pictures from whatever my contact's profile picture is on Facebook. I also am linked with Google contacts but I don't have any photos uploaded there that my windows phone 7 is using as contact pictures. I have not done anything with my Windows Live account so I know the picture resolution problem is not coming from there.

I tried going through this method http://www.windowscentral.com/tip-get-high-res-photos-contacts-your-wp7-device but I couldn't get past step 3 because I couldn't find the "Contacts' pictures" tab. Perhaps the article is outdated and there is a different method of fixing this problem?

Anyone know what to do? Help!

Thanks in advance,

CourierJam
CourierJam,

Unfortunately I don't know if there is any way to get this problem resolved outside of manually updating people's profile photos on your phone. If you have added Facebook account, the phone will use Facebook profile photos of people on your phone.

Unfortunately, I believe it doesn't grab the entire photo from which profile picture was created, but rather the image that actually is cropped and re-sized to be displayed on your profile. Those pictures are typically 180 pixels wide (max). And since WP7 has 480 pixels to fill up, it scales your image up over 150%. Combine that with Facebook's already barely acceptable quality it uses for profile photos, and results on WP7 won't be pretty.

I had an exact same problem, and just ended up taking photos of people, or finding good pictures from their Facebook accounts and manually setting them as contact images. Plus it solves an issue of people who like to set nonsense photos as profile pictures on their Facebook. Last thing I want is waking up at night to see someone's cat calling me.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
LMAO too early in the morning for that although their at some point may be sme people you know on FB that yuou'd rather see their cat

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon