Trouble sending/receiving media content via text

wpbrian

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I just recently tried to send a photo via text message and repeatedly got a "Can't send message, Try Again" message. I also just received a text with some media content but when I click on the "Get media content now" link, I get the "Getting media content" message for about half a second, and then it reverts back to the "Get media content now" link.

Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I have the original focus and I send photos by email without issue and I receive text messages with emails and I am pretty sure I have sent phot os via email without issue! Have you tried a soft reset?

wpbrian

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I have the original focus and I send photos by email without issue and I receive text messages with emails and I am pretty sure I have sent phot os via email without issue! Have you tried a soft reset?

The issue isn't with emails, just text messages. Turned phone off and on (soft reset?), but that didn't help.

Last edited:

Not Saying

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Another thread advised changing the settings. Here's how: go to settings, then cellular, then to add mms apn. Put in the following information:

APN: wap.cingular
User Name: wap@gprs.com
Password: cingular1

Then I did a soft reset (volume and on button together). Did the trick for me.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
First, are you on WiFi only? Because if you have cellular data turned off you cannot send or receive pics thru text messages

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi