I did the impossible tonight!!!!

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I installed not one BUT TWO screen protectors on a pair of phones without ONE SPEC OF DUST UNDERNEATH!!!!

Yay me!!! SCREW YOU DUST PARTICLES! Consider your *** kicked!!!

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Ran the shower as hot as it would go, waited until you could play a fog horn in the bathroom, and BOOM! Mission accomplished.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
That's why I had my AT&T rep (a friend) apply mine in-store. He has done hundreds, probably thousands, so I put my trust in him. He used a dampened, lint free cloth to apply the Moshi protector.

After I got home I found a spec of dust (felt like a mountain). Went back the next day and before of the first protector and put an new one on. Perfect. Much less stress for me.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Ran the shower as hot as it would go, waited until you could play a fog horn in the bathroom, and BOOM! Mission accomplished.

Lol, I'm getting some new ZAGG invisibleShield (Maximum Protection) and I thought of doing that, since I had frustrating results with previous screen covers.

Btw, anyone knows how easy it is to apply the invisibleShield? Problems with dust, bubbles, etc.? I only got it cause they were running a 50% discount.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I installed not one BUT TWO screen protectors on a pair of phones without ONE SPEC OF DUST UNDERNEATH!!!!

You know, drive-by readers of this post would scoff and say, "well, how hard is that, you dope?!" But, as a person with experience putting on screen protectors, I can tell you this is a *major* accomplishment. Way to go! I usually just give up.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Lol, I'm getting some new ZAGG invisibleShield (Maximum Protection) and I thought of doing that, since I had frustrating results with previous screen covers.

Btw, anyone knows how easy it is to apply the invisibleShield? Problems with dust, bubbles, etc.? I only got it cause they were running a 50% discount.

I put an invisibleshield on my Trophy and it was fairly easy. Follow the instructions and you'll be fine. I tried a universal screen protector on my trophy and I used all three that came in the pack and messed all three up.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
When I get a dust particle on my screen, I take a piece of clear tape and split it in two. With on par I stick it on top of the screen and I lift it, with the other I put it inside it with the sticking part inside of it and use it to remove the dust. Repeat until its done, the result are spotless.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I like the people who install a full body shield, and tell you how great it looks. Then they post a picture of it and it has a million bubbles underneath. :D

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I bought my 900 off of ebay and I was pleasantly surprised to find it already had a screen protector on it (perfectly may I add). Rarely do I get more than I thought on Ebay!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You know, drive-by readers of this post would scoff and say, "well, how hard is that, you dope?!" But, as a person with experience putting on screen protectors, I can tell you this is a *major* accomplishment. Way to go! I usually just give up.

You're right. That's why I asked Bert his secret. Those screen protectors are danged hard to put on.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I ordered NINE from ebay for the 900, yes nine ($12, took no chance!!) and got it on the third try. I think the key was standing on the commode where the steam was the thickest.

But the first two attempts were single sub atomic particles each time, but im super AR about it so I kept going shooting for perfection!!

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Here's another trick: use a case for the phone and not your pocket. This way no screen protectors are needed. I have not once scratched a screen in the past 10 years using this technique!

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I actually used a lint roller for your clothes, I kept on rolling it around on the screen and just blew some cool air on it, and then rolled again. I didn't take off the whole 1st part of the screen protector just folded it until it got to my other fingers and bam! Slowly, put it on or just let the screen protector get fill in the gaps. I have to do this to my iPad and putting a Screen Protector is A BIT$H! It works though!.. Lint roller and can of air. Works wonders.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not using a protector on my Lumia but with my iPhone I would take it into my lab at work which has high air replacement rate and no dust. I put on my tyvek coat and fresh gloves and go to work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon