Why are people still using wp7

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 800 is beautiful. Almost as beautiful as the N9 before it.

And that my friend, is why people will stick with their Lumia 800s.
It's just that...beautiful.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

True...

and also the phones are just getting bigger, we dont hv a premium phone for those who think 3.7 - 4in screen is just abt right n nothing bigger will do.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My cousin cannot upgrade until May, so he continues to endure his Lumia 900 with a cracked screen that I warned him not to get (suggested paying insurance $100 for his Focus and saving the upgrade for WP8).

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I mean there's lumia 820 and 920 that is like a direct update to 800 & 900. Look in amazon, they have gone cheaper. Please stop suffering and upgrade :'(
sometimes its money, but not always.
i am using Lumia 720 right now, but still feel that my Lumia 800 was excellent. though Lumia 800 & 900 comes with WP7, they are excellent hardware and fulfill basic needs. people doesnot change handsets just bcoz updated phones are available in the market. if that so, u got to change it almost everyday.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
True...

and also the phones are just getting bigger, we dont hv a premium phone for those who think 3.7 - 4in screen is just abt right n nothing bigger will do.

It is logistically much more difficult to get modern high end specs into a small device. Apple does it, but they're forced to because they believe (at least for now) that 4" is as big as a phone should be. WP & Android sell bigger phones, so they don't have to compact the internals.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Ya, that's one of the reasons I keep mine. But now that I have the 1020, I feel like I have an equally beautiful phone. So I don't need to keep the 800.

negative1ne

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
i will NOT UPGRADE TO A WINDOWS 8 PHONE anytime soon.

i have a windows 7.8 optimus LG phone, which is one of the 3 or 4 models that has a HARDWARE KEYBOARD.

ATT-LG-Optimus-Windows-Phone-7-Smartphone-keyboard.jpg

i refuse to use touch controls for typing. it's pointless for me, and a waste of time.

unless, they come out with a windows 8 phone, with a DEDICATED SLIDER keyboard, i won't even THINK about getting a newer phone.

also, i only use my phone for phone calls, and texting, and music playback. i have NO USE for internet or data access, cameras, etc.
so any of those features on 'newer' phones don't help me.

later

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
@Negative1ne: I still miss me some hardware keyboard as well. But I am afraid you wil be waiting an awful long time. There just isn't a demand for them anymore.

I have stayed on WP7 happily due to the difference between the interface of Zune as compared to XBOX Music. I am liking the L1520 enough to buy, but am worried it will always be one of those "... yeah, I like it, but boy I sure miss Zune."

I am out of contract, my L900 has a cracked screen, and yet I type as I listen to music and just worry....

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I also have my Lumia 900 as a back up phone. There are a lot of us who buy our phones unlocked/international version, so you end up paying the full price for the phone. It didnt make sense, after I had just bought my 900 to then go out and get the 920 at price.
Besides, the Lumia 900, part from being WP7.8, is still a good phone. Apart from the battery life issue, it works very well.

geoghotas

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
this is too expensive & what its true can we update wp7 L800 to L820 like fully wp8. please confrim and what is it cost
....?

negative1ne

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
@Negative1ne: I still miss me some hardware keyboard as well. But I am afraid you wil be waiting an awful long time. There just isn't a demand for them anymore.

well, thanks to ebay and amazon, i will not have to worry about finding older phones that are in good condition,
and still work.

someday, MAYBE someone will come out with a new phone (not android), that has a keyboard.

later

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
well, thanks to ebay and amazon, i will not have to worry about finding older phones that are in good condition,
and still work.

someday, MAYBE someone will come out with a new phone (not android), that has a keyboard.

later

How 'bout a Q10? Have you seen what they're going for on feeBay and Amazon? I'm just learning to wean myself from physical keyboards because of this. If only the Dell Venue Pro had Internet Sharing and a decent camera.

Sangeeth Sudheer

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
One, because they don't have the money.

Two, the decision to go multi-core by ditching WP7 too soon. I wouldn't say that going multi-core was a mistake but they should've done it earlier or they should've extended the support for WP7 for a little longer. WP8 got in time when WP7 was flourishing. Infact, WPs were getting popular at that time and boom, MS crashes in with WP8. Imagine the face of the people who bought a WP7 device just a few days before announcement? They were totally slapped or atleast they must've felt like that.

I know that cause I got a Lumia 800 during that time. But gladly, I was able to pickup a Lumia 920. So, you see, there was lot of confusion at that time. MS should've found a way to encourage developers to develop their apps on single-core and load it for WP7 and WP8 as one rather than going for two apps. Games are games and WP7 users may not enjoy that but atleast they could cling on to their WP7 devices for a little longer.

WP7 were to deserve the same respect XP got. It would've made the decision wiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2