Well Hell... Screenshot requests??

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Now I honestly think this is a pain. I wish I could now just disable tile notifications then, the (2) in a black circle and use the notification center only. I understand it might be too much for the OS to handle but it's not inefficient, IMO :(.

I guess I might be jumping the gun now. I guess I should wait and see it.... but if it's the way I'm imagining it, I think others will eventually really dislike the repetitiveness in clearing notifications. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Thanks again!

One thing I will say, if I have multiple notifications for Email, Facebook or whatever. If I swipe it to clear the notifications, it clears ALL notifications for that app, so you won't have to swipe to clear each and every email notification from the action center. :)

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but what about app download that is in progress, will it be shown in the action center with a progress bar or percentage?

I have never seen it. I just see the notification that apps have been updated.

Now, if you go to the store, then downloads and swipe to History, you get a view like this one:

http://i.imgur.com/9Vx3eXp.png (also in album) that tells you when each app was last updated.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I didn't get a chance to see every post in the thread, so if you answered this, sorry.

In the Games Hub, when you see your friends, is it optimized for the X1 now, so it shows what game they are playing, or just shows it like now? Now it is showing the game title if it is a 360 game, and says "Playing on Xbox One" if they are on an Xbox One?

Sent from my Xbox One using WPCentral Forums

paras chugh

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
i read a rumour in feb that in wp 8.1 you can swipe from left to right to refresh or renew the content on a medium or wide tile......is it true?
you can try it on wide tile of apps like metrotube or nextgen reader

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get a chance to see every post in the thread, so if you answered this, sorry.

In the Games Hub, when you see your friends, is it optimized for the X1 now, so it shows what game they are playing, or just shows it like now? Now it is showing the game title if it is a 360 game, and says "Playing on Xbox One" if they are on an Xbox One?

Sent from my Xbox One using WPCentral Forums

My build does not have the new games, music and video bits. I can't say for certain what is in there now. I was mainly testing Core and Cortana.

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Does not work in my build.

As much as I want it to be a feature to clear notifications without going into the app, I was hoping for a MAJOR feature associated with left to right swiping. I would like to see something like a 2-finger touch to clear them, and something else (I don't know what to wish for) for left to right swiping. If people here like the 2-finger tap to clear notification, I can submit it as a feature request on the general site and see where it goes from there. :)

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Start screen background and high contrast? also lock screen?, does it still remain black when in high contrast mode...can cortana be used to change settings like brightness high contrast etc....?

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
My build does not have the new games, music and video bits. I can't say for certain what is in there now. I was mainly testing Core and Cortana.

I'm kind of confused on what you at saying. It isn't really answering my question. I know my question isn't big, but it is something that would be nice for Microsoft to add.

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Light Background: http://i.imgur.com/BfxgHnu.png
Dark Background: http://i.imgur.com/GzqcHea.png

I have images on my lock screen, I will get this in a bit.

Cortana cannot be used (at this time) for these functions you asked for.
my question was when high contrast is set(on) in ease of access will the start screen background remain or will it become black like In wp8..... And also in lock screen when in high contrast mode will it remain or go black...... Another Interesting one .... Does "sync my settings " sync high contrast mode too...?

avigyan

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Can we download files from the web using Internet Explorer? Music files... Plus can we upload images through Internet Explorer from the phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes