Who needs a notification centre?

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
while I think the action centre is a great thing and sth that was seriously missing in WinPhone 8.0, the significance of the nc seems to escape me.
I mean you received notifications through the live tiles didn't you? What's better now? I wish I could remove it.
But I think quick links to the settings are a great thing and I wonder why this hadn't been intergrated before...

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
not everyone likes scrolling to the button of the start screen to see notification, also the notification centre works on the lock screen, so if you have more than 5 apps with notification, you can see them by looking your you NC

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I like the action center for Readit alone. I don't have it pinned (I keep from pinning to much), but I'll hear a notification when I can't get my phone out.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Personally I prefer our live tile approach it was visually more appealing. That said, for certain apps that don't have live tiles, the notification center is great.

I do like the fact that where as the live tile may show you the number of notifications, the Action center does show you every little thing(Which is good and bad)..
For example I got a twitter noti and the notification told me who and what tweeted/retweeted me. The live tiles can't do that.

So while I think Action center is sort of redundant, it is also sort of comparable with our tiles.

EJP86

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
How is everyone getting notifications for their apps in the Notification Center?

I can't find Instagram Beta, Facebook Beta, etc.

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
A bit out of topic! But whatsapp is only working on wifi and not mobile data for me since the WP8.1 update! I have to manually open the app to check when im on mobile data! Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon