Calendar On Lockscreen

rc2080

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
So I have had the Calendar displayed on my lockscreen under "Choose an app to show detailed status" since back in WP8 and that has always worked well. Since I've updated to WP8.1, I've noticed that the Calendar reminder on the lockscreen doesn't seem to update itself unless I reboot the phone. The Calendar app itself is reacting fine, it's just what's repeated onto the lockscreen. The lockscreen will even show items from the Calendar that I've already deleted.

Is anyone else getting this problem or is it just me?

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
try a soft reset, but then also just a regular turn off/turn on. some apps react badly sometimes.

I just tested this and it seems to show the next upcoming event which is what I want. This might be an isolated issue :(

Hope you can get it to work for you.

rc2080

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Hah! Obviously, when I did that earlier today, it didn't do anything. But after I did it again after reading your post just to be sure, the lockscreen calendar's working fine now. Go figure! Thanks!

pedalman56

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
The only way I can get my lock screen to update is to turn my 822 off and then back on. It advances to next appointment, but then does not advance or update until I do another on off. This is very frustrating.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue- my lock screen calendar is displaying an appointment from this morning as tomorrow's event. I've done a number of restarts since the update, but to be honest only noticed the problem just now.

I just restarted again and it caught up, so I think the original and previous posters' observation that it doesn't advance without a restart is right.

t8ntlikly

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been experiencing this same thing, I turn my phone off then back on, but it shows up again the next morning. is there a permanent fix for this?
I just did a soft reset so we'll see tomorrow will post back.

Last edited:

Yipcanjo

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue....and noticed that the built-in (stock) Calendar Live Tile wasn't updating either. Seems to be related to that app in-general, rather than the phone.

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Still showing my next appointment as something from yesterday. I have restarted and soft reset multiple times. That "fixes" it just fine and shows the actual next appointment, but then doesn't continue to do so once that's done. Anyone have any answers? If it is related to just the calendar app, can that be deleted and reinstalled or no because it's a stock app?

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Still showing my next appointment as something from yesterday. I have restarted and soft reset multiple times. That "fixes" it just fine and shows the actual next appointment, but then doesn't continue to do so once that's done. Anyone have any answers? If it is related to just the calendar app, can that be deleted and reinstalled or no because it's a stock app?

I don't know if this fixed my problem but what I did was to change one other app which I had (AppoinTile) and, which was set to run in the background, to not run in the background. A day later I removed that app since I was no longer using it.
Also on Lockscreen settings I stopped Calendar from showing detailed info and the I set it again to show detailed info.
Ever since my lockscreen is updated properly without any restarts, reboots resets or whatever other REs are there.

RoarinRow

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue as well. I had one appointment show on my lock screen for 2 days straight. I did a soft reset and it only shows my all day event and not the event that should be on their now. Hoping for a permanent fix as well.

ketchupman36

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I was having this problem as well after switching to 8.1. It turns out the problem was that I had not opened the actual calendar app! I was using Chronos Calendar so I never opened the native Windows calender.

Joe Schuch

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
It's Chronos :unhappy:
Uninstalled it and Lock Screen Calendar Events began updating immediately, no reboot needed.
(Rebooting, even with battery removal, fixed nothing on its own.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas