how to disable notifications+ actions center in lock screen ???

shan678

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
i don't know how to disable notifications+actions centre in lockscreen. it feels like annoying that anyone can turn on my Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, location, from lock screen. And also unticked the box "show notifications in action centre when phone is locked".

But by this its only disabling the notifications , still anyone can turn on or off any thing in my action centre.

Is there any way to get rid of this issue???wp_ss_20140421_0001.png

Last edited:

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
i don't know how to disable notifications+actions centre in lockscreen. it feels like annoying that anyone can turn on my Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, location, from lock screen. And also unticked the box "show notifications in action centre when phone is locked".

But by this its only disabling the notifications , still anyone can turn on or off any thing in my action centre.

Is there any way to get rid of this issue???

The only way is put a password at lockscreen setting.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
yes,i did, but still in lockscreen someone swipe down,they can see action+notification cetre

true , they really need to add an option to disable it in lock screen (like we have one in ios 7 ) , for privacy reason I don't want anyone to have a look at my notifications from lock screen , they can not open it when they tap on it as it requires one to enter password but they get a glimpse of my messages, emails :/

shan678

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
true , they really need to add an option to disable it in lock screen (like we have one in ios 7 ) , for privacy reason I don't want anyone to have a look at my notifications from lock screen , they can not open it when they tap on it as it requires one to enter password but they get a glimpse of my messages, emails :/

so now there is no option to disable it in lockscreen,until MS adds it !!! so saaaaaaaaaad

MARKjotep

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
hey guys If you tick the box at action center to disable notif @ lockscreen. It wont show you any notification! It can be slided to show quick buttons but it wont show the notification..

however there is no option for it to be turned off unfortunately...
GDR update might be...

no Need to be sad just because an option is nowhere to be seen. We must be proud that an action center is implemented..

$0.02

rexii23

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
What is turning off your Bluetooth or wifi going to do? its not invading your privacy.

Just realised this last night. If you have flight mode as a toggle someone could potentially turn flight mode on and the phone would be un-trackable when stolen. but there is no option to disable poweroff when locked either, so they could just switch the phone off.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
- You can disable the notification area for lock screen
- If you configure a password for the lock screen, when someone click on any setting button it will reques a password before activate/deactivate the setting.

shan678

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
What is turning off your Bluetooth or wifi going to do? its not invading your privacy.

yes! It is........
Its more like some one playing around ur phone without ur permission. Turning on wifi or bluetooth will also cause battery drain if unoticed for long period

shan678

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
- You can disable the notification area for lock screen
- If you configure a password for the lock screen, when someone click on any setting button it will reques a password before activate/deactivate the setting.

Even if u configured a passwrd for lock screen, it will not ask for passwrd in lockscreen when you are clicking on wifi or bluetooth shortcut in action center, but passwrd will ask on ur second click on the same shortcut in lockscreen, i checkd dis on my 620.

Danjp

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
yes! It is........
Its more like some one playing around ur phone without ur permission. Turning on wifi or bluetooth will also cause battery drain if unoticed for long period

If you believe that what your 'quick action buttons' is private information than I guess it is, but I don't think people knowing what they are is a privacy violation for me. And turning things on or off doesn't compromise any of my personal info.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Even if u configured a passwrd for lock screen, it will not ask for passwrd in lockscreen when you are clicking on wifi or bluetooth shortcut in action center, but passwrd will ask on ur second click on the same shortcut in lockscreen, i checkd dis on my 620.

It ask for a password before deactivating wifi, location or activating flight mode.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

You need to "un-check" the option to "show notifications in action center when my phone is locked".

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
If I was around people that I couldn't trust enough to not look at or mess about with my phone I wouldn't be letting it out of either my sight or I would keep it in my pocket.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
yes! It is........ Its more like some one playing around ur phone without ur permission. Turning on wifi or bluetooth will also cause battery drain if unoticed for long period
oh then I have a solution for you... don't let people that you know and you don't know go and play with your phone? what about that? you say it like if you let the phone anywhere where everyone can use it... then just keep it with you. I mean... it's YOUR phone, and if you are "afraid of privacy and someone checking my stuff and turning things off" then... just keep it with you even if you aren't going to use it and be happy with it :)
if you put a pin, the only option that was toggled in my case was bluetooth, and I dont know how people will invade my privacy with it.... but well, I don't leave my phone in a place where people will be using it and I wont know it. so again, Pin/password and don't let others use your phone, besides unchecking the option to show notifications in lockscreen, should do the job :)I guess you will complain about others things, but oh well..... it's not like I will die, but I think it's 8.1 fault when you give other people your phone and then complain about privacy and how they turned stuff on and off.

czechmate1976

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
If anyone unauthorised can get access to the quick actions, I think the 'find my phone' (or whatever MS call it) feature is utterly useless because anyone can turn off the network data :cry:. An option to disable this should be a basic feature.. I Can't see what the problem is.. but then it is just another Windows system... so what is there to expect :-D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar