Windows phones cannot render web pages properly

Tarik Aziz

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
compared to Android and IOS, Windows phone can't render a webpage properly. For example: images appear half in Facebook mobile site. Then the images in YouTube are not sharp. There are many more sites with some issues. Windows phones can render desktop sites properly but that's not the case. we use mobile sites mostly. Moreover, the issue is still not fixed in Windowsphone 8.1. I don't know what's Microsoft up to. But this is really irritating to see this platform lacking even in small places compared to Android and IOS.

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
compared to Android and IOS, Windows phone can't render a webpage properly. For example: images appears half in Facebook mobile site. Then the images in YouTube are not sharp. There are many more sites with some issues. Windows phones can render desktop sites properly but that's not the case. we use mobile sites mostly. Moreover, the issue is still not fixed in Windowsphone 8.1. I don't know what's Microsoft up to. But this is really irritating to see this platform lacking even in small places compared to Android and IOS.
that's true, IE finds it hard to full load a page

decaf19

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Don't know. There are few decent browsers in the store but they all act similar like IE. Fingers crossed for chrome or some other browsers equivalent to chrome.

That's the thing I believe all of the windows store browsers use the same engine, the trident engine....you can go to google and type "html 5 test" and it will show u how good the browser is

IE scores the highest of those available for WP meaning pages will render better with IE than the other such as avant....the most likely that will happen because of Microsoft vs google dilema is firefox being brought to WP platform which on html5 performs better than IE

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I always force desktop mode... I've not had rendering issues with IE on my 925.

As for third part browsers; don't know why I do - but I always prefer Opera for mobile even though I don't like it on my PC.

decaf19

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I guess we all heard that Microsoft working really hard in html5 for IE, but wait was that only for the YouTube site??

The browser since html 5 became popular has been less than great at its compatibility which is what gives Firefox and chrome even opera the edge over it so personally Microsoft may be working on it rendering better but I would hope more for the other browsers to join the dark side, aka windows phone

decaf19

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I always force desktop mode... I've not had rendering issues with IE on my 925.

As for third part browsers; don't know why I do - but I always prefer Opera for mobile even though I don't like it on my PC.

Opera mobile offers amazing features like that data saving that IE tried to copy called opera turbo I believe, and it uses the chrome engine so the speed of chrome without the nosiness of google opera is an all time favorite here too

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Some pages might be assuming WebKit since it's so prevalent and using WebKit-specific features. I've run into that sometimes when using mobile Firefox on Android.

decaf19

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Safari, Chrome, Dolphin, new Opera, etc. They're all webkit underneath. IE and Firefox are about the only two that aren't, anymore.

I thought there were three major ones trident which was IE and avant, webkit safari, and firefox Gecko?

Edit: Nevermind I see webkit used by chrome is prevalent I agree most popular browsers with two audience all mac users and all windows users wanting the browser best at handling html5

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon