80188309 error

Pavel_Y

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Received notification about Nokia software update couple days ago. Tried to install it and got the error 80188309 "update downloaded but cannot be installed". I'm on Lumia 1520, Ukraine CV, WP8.1 developers preview.

Any ideas how to fix that error?

ronald van den berg

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here in the netherlands also on a 1520 CV developers preview. I see a lot of the same issues in april.
I have 11gb storage free, freeing the temp storage and rebooting several times and retrying the update doesn't help.
The symptom is the same as earlier reported. It downloads completely, and when its on preparing install it fails around 90% with this error.
I'm still on the black version btw, cyan doesn't come although it''s already released. It could be possible that the update that is now failing is the cyan update.

<edit>
I've now downloaded the Nokiasoftwarerecovery tool (you can find a link here on wpcentral) and installed it that way. The phone is now on cyan and downloading its settings and apps from the backup so maybe it's a solution for you too.

Last edited:

Pavel_Y

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I've now downloaded the Nokiasoftwarerecovery tool (you can find a link here on wpcentral) and installed it that way. The phone is now on cyan and downloading its settings and apps from the backup so maybe it's a solution for you too.

Did you lose any data like games saves or anything else?

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Also have an issue with the 80188309 error on my lumia 1520. I hope the solution with the nokia recovery tool is not the definite solution. It's a monstrous task for me. And I need my phone directly. I need to reinstall apps and reinstall settings and data. I hope microsoft still comes with an official solution for developer preview phones.
The phone works fine and I like it that way. I'm not concerned with the locker issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes