04-26-2014 05:30 PM
126 ... 23456
tools
    Guys Check this site for news regading wp

TechInfoGadgets - Home

please do share..... and don't mind me sharing this here
    04-02-2014 09:56 AM
    I'll reserve my thoughts until I can see for myself how well it's implemented. The tile structure is still there, now if can personalize it. We shall see.......
    04-02-2014 10:13 AM
    With the right image it could be rather nice. I could see some people making it look like a custom myspace page from 2006.

For desktop background like to use solid color, simple and subtle textured image. Usually all black of very dark colors. This may work well on the phone too.
    04-02-2014 11:54 AM
    Another Whiner - would you like some cheese with that? MS is giving us a choice, much like with Windows 8 - you can use desktop only, or you can use modern UI, or you can use both. If you don't want to use background images, don't. Just stop your whining
    04-02-2014 12:19 PM
    I'm sorry, the more I see the different backgrounds people are using the worse it looks. Watching the build stream, and the videos on WPC, the phones and OS just look cheap.

The way I see it; yes its great to have that personalisation, but when a stranger or prospective windows phone buyer looks at your "all too personal" background, it will put them right off.

The way the text on the tiles simultaneously contrasts and blends with the background (in addition to the tiles that don't utilise your chosen background which stick out like a sore thumb) just looks awful in my opinion.
    04-02-2014 12:47 PM
    I'm sorry, the more I see the different backgrounds people are using the worse it looks. Watching the build stream, and the videos on WPC, the phones and OS just look cheap.

The way I see it; yes its great to have that personalisation, but when a stranger or prospective windows phone buyer looks at your "all too personal" background, it will put them right off.

The way the text on the tiles simultaneously contrasts and blends with the background (in addition to the tiles that don't utilise your chosen background which stick out like a sore thumb) just looks awful in my opinion.
    Would you be opposed to someone using a tasteful image that was mostly a solid color, gradient or texture? I agree though, most people won't do that.

For a really amusing experience you could use a screen capture of the homescreen as the background.
    jojoe42 likes this.
    04-02-2014 01:18 PM
    Would you be opposed to someone using a tasteful image that was mostly a solid color, gradient or texture? I agree though, most people won't do that.

For a really amusing experience you could use a screen capture of the homescreen as the background.
    That's the thing, It may look alright with a gradient background or texture, but then why don't they just implement a full spectrum colour pallet, include a favourites section as well to save your most used colour choices.

I mean, this background just looks terrible:

http://www.windowscentral.com/sites/...?itok=Z1kISEkU
    brunoadduarte likes this.
    04-02-2014 02:43 PM
    what Im saying is, if someone looks at your phone, from lets say 2 meters far, while in a plane for example, he wont be able to recognize that its a WP.

that I think is a major loss.
    Question. Do you think car dealers should weld their logos onto cars instead of using ones that can be peeled off?
    04-02-2014 03:37 PM
    Question. Do you think car dealers should weld their logos onto cars instead of using ones that can be peeled off?
    That's a bad analogy. I don't think he's suggesting you should be able to recognize where a phone was purchased.
    04-02-2014 04:01 PM
    I like that its parallax

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk
    04-02-2014 04:03 PM
    I can't believe this thread is still trending given all the news today. When I look at the forum page and still see this thread, I'm pissed.
    04-02-2014 04:12 PM
    I can't believe this thread is still trending given all the news today. When I look at the forum page and still see this thread, I'm pissed.
    Oh wait, I just contributed to its survival :)
    04-02-2014 04:12 PM
    Stop flaming him, you guys! Why can't he address his concerns without ya'll grabbing his throat and hitting his head on the wall.
    Why? Because its OPTIONAL. They aren't CHANGING the way it looks the are adding a new option. This entire thread makes no sense because of that reason alone.
    04-02-2014 05:12 PM
    what Im saying is, if someone looks at your phone, from lets say 2 meters far, while in a plane for example, he wont be able to recognize that its a WP.

Course you will.

A. it will be a Nokia (for the considerable future at least)

B. Even with a skinned tile system the flipping and obvious sizing is clearly WP with the Segoe font and minimalist icon design. It's still massively distinguishable.
    04-02-2014 05:12 PM
    Many people will keep using it without a background photo, I'm sure!
    I think you're right. It's interesting, but I honestly see myself using an image as my background very minimally. I can only see myself using nature images, at that. Might get a bit garish with much else.
    04-02-2014 05:44 PM
    I think that we're going to be pleasantly surprised when we see what some graphic artists come up with for use with transparent tiles.

No offense, but for those who want a unified/uniformed/straight-jacketed experience, buy Apple.

I've been a long-time user/developer for mobile Windows from the first Casio Cassiopeia days. I'm excited to see transparent tiles. It is the next logical step beyond live tiles. In some ways, the boring color tiles were a step back from the customizations possible with the PocketPC's "Today" screen.
    04-02-2014 06:35 PM
    I can see some crazy 3Dish depth pic of a city or something looking amazing with this. Obviously if you set some crap res pic of a bright rainbow it'll look like ****.

The majority of Android setups I see posted on androidcentral look like complete garbage BTW.

Here are some pics I think would show it off nicely

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...ig-d6k5zo9.jpg
    http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...11-d5bxkx7.png
    04-02-2014 06:39 PM
    I can see some crazy 3Dish depth pic of a city or something looking amazing with this. Obviously if you set some crap res pic of a bright rainbow it'll look like ****.

The majority of Android setups I see posted on androidcentral look like complete garbage BTW.
    I think it might depend on whether or not the wallpaper scrolls with the tiles. I am imagining wallpaper that has fixed tile positions sharp and clear with the rest of the image blurred. That might look nice.
    04-02-2014 06:41 PM
    From all the videos I've seen. The wallpaper thats set for the tiles scrolls a little bit. Pretty much to further create the window pane effect.
    04-02-2014 06:42 PM

That's why you let them know its a customizable option and then everyone moves on.
    04-02-2014 10:02 PM

When I bought my phone HTC 8X , I bought it because I want something different.Everyone got Samsung , Iphone , even Nokia , but a HTC with Windows Phone , is priceless.I really don`t care if people don`t recognize it .Too bad,their loss.I bought it for me , not for people.
    04-02-2014 10:12 PM
    Can I change my mind again, if you notice, Joe used almost a sold red background to sell the new feature, if people implement it that way, then fine. it wont kill the identity. hehe

but I doubt that people will use it like this.
    04-03-2014 04:02 AM
    I know I know... is something new so maybe it takes time to get used to but... from my point of view... I hate the background in the Start Screen... It doesn't make sense with the Metro design philosophy... Windows 8 (and above) and Windows Phone 7.8 (and above) design language has a minimalistic approach and that doesn't fit with a background...

I really like Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 but sometimes they make some mistakes that I don't know how in the name of god a company as experienced as Microsoft is capable of ignore...
    04-03-2014 05:08 AM
    So simple disable this feature
    04-03-2014 05:10 AM
    I'm indifferent but I can see how people don't like it. It's eyecandy for the sake of eyecandy. It's also one of those things that really depends on what taste the user has and the tile arrangement. It can either be elegant or a trainwreck with certain images. I'll probably use it for a few days then go back to the usual solid accent colors. Now if that image can automatically change to the Bing image of the day...
    04-03-2014 05:26 AM
126 ... 23456