Call Blocking

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I know we have the ability to block phone numbers but I've not been able to find any way, app or otherwise to block private numbers. I've been getting a rash of these calls lately, telemarketers/ex-wives. Certainly annoying. When I was on android there was a simple call blocking app that worked perfectly. I was able to send those calls to vm or just drop them. Never having to deal with them and it kept a log. Every call blocking discussion I've seen in my search only talks about blocking numbers or sms. Never a mention of private numbers, so I'm going to go out on a limb here assuming its not possible on WP?
I've developed a short list of apps that continues to grow that I used to have on android that I could certainly use here. Still not enough to send me back there, but there is a tipping point somewhere down the line.
Any info appreciated. TIA!

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I know we have the ability to block phone numbers but I've not been able to find any way, app or otherwise to block private numbers. I've been getting a rash of these calls lately, telemarketers/ex-wives. Certainly annoying. When I was on android there was a simple call blocking app that worked perfectly. I was able to send those calls to vm or just drop them. Never having to deal with them and it kept a log. Every call blocking discussion I've seen in my search only talks about blocking numbers or sms. Never a mention of private numbers, so I'm going to go out on a limb here assuming its not possible on WP?
I've developed a short list of apps that continues to grow that I used to have on android that I could certainly use here. Still not enough to send me back there, but there is a tipping point somewhere down the line.
Any info appreciated. TIA!

Advanced section in "Call+SMS Filter" has an option labelled "Block withheld numbers".

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Any resolution? I ask because I just got a notification that my 928 had blocked a call, then 30 seconds later, I get a notification for a voice message. If I blocked it, how were they able to leave a voice message? I don't want them to be able to do that. I want thr call dropped. I have not seen a setting, I just thought that was how it worked. Am I mistaken? Will this be updated in 8.1?

Thanks.

FBirraque

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
That's because when you "ignore" a call it's automatically transfer to voice mail.
It's GSM's features not related with WP or the application.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
And this is why we need a full featured 3rd party if necessary app to give us options. I'd prefer also to just drop certain calls. They go to vm and the caller who I obviously don't want to deal with will just call back after leaving some lengthy desperate message. (some of us have lots of ex's) One of the few apps I miss from another os, awesome call screening!

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok, but hear me out. The Service, or built in App if you will, is called call+SMS filter, with a setting to toggle Block calls+SMS On/Off. I am NOT using the service from Verizon, I am using what is already built into the phone's OS. Does it not work as the toggle suggests? I thought since it states Block call, it would do just that. If I want to ignore and send to voicemail, I would put my phone on silent.

Maybe I just thought it does something it really doesn't do. If that is true, maybe MS should change the name to Call Ignore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes