WP 8.1 Bugs and Defects

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Bugs and Defects

Having notification issues with Skype and Line after update 1 on Lumia 920. Hoping Cyan released for Rogers soon so I can roll back to 8.1.

PrathameshThe1

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone experienced any bug with one drive after upgrading to WP 8.1 ?! The one drive app on my 720 after i upgraded it to 8.1 is only visible in the app list. But it cannot be accessed. It cannot be updated neither can it be uninstalled! I'm stuck on this issue. If anyone has solution for this problem please help.

vukmania

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site

I noticed a bug today regarding video playback across all my apps who support it. When pressing the play button, the screen goes dark and only the sound plays. The Windows buttons light goes off too and when pressing the black back-button it does respond but the vibrations off.
Anyone else who have experienced it?
Best regards

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site

I updated my Lumia 920 to Windows Phone 8.1 + Cyan yesterday, after flashing it from WP8.1.1 DP, and hard reset etc. Two issues that were there in DP are still not resolved.

1. The EDT time zone (UTC -4:00) is still recognized as Cuiaba (UTC -4:00) when I turn on 'set automatically' in 'date+time'. The time update works fine though. I set it manually to EST (UTC -5:00).
2. More of an aesthetic bug (but a nightmare for people with OCD): In settings > region. It shows "Time:4:08PM" with no space after the semicolon after 'Time'. Feels weird.

Other than that, WhatsApp told me that my device is not supported. But works fine...at least until now. Hope they fix these things in WP8.1.1. Where should I report this exactly?

dr Tony RX

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

I recently updated my Lumia 625 to Windows Phone 8.1 and I love everything about it.
One problem though, it seems like I couldn't create Live Folder. I've tried holding a tile until it pops into the foreground and drag the tile over another tile, but it doesn't work. The tile beneath will just slide away from the one that I'm holding. It's really weird.

Any help?
Thank you in advance.

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site

I recently updated my Lumia 625 to Windows Phone 8.1 and I love everything about it.
One problem though, it seems like I couldn't create Live Folder. I've tried holding a tile until it pops into the foreground and drag the tile over another tile, but it doesn't work. The tile beneath will just slide away from the one that I'm holding. It's really weird.

Any help?
Thank you in advance.

Live folders come with Windows Phone 8.1 Update (WP8.1.1). You either need to update to WP 8.1.1 Developer Preview or wait for it to get released.

agentmikeyd99

Banned
Sep 15, 2013
Visit site

So I use Quiet Hours. However, it's frustrating that it doesn't mute the Media/Apps. Sometimes when reading at night, a video will auto-play blasting its audio. Quite bloody frustrating!

JSax1

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Update: It was user error! The ringer was set to off when connected to Bluetooth. Everything is good now!

Original post: Update 1 fixed all of the Bluetooth issues that started on 8.1 when connected to my car. It no longer treats voice navigation or Cortana as a call, so I no longer get a long pause afterward and a beep from my car when it "hangs up."

However, now Cortana will not read my text messages aloud via Bluetooth. Not great. It still works when I have headphones plugged in, but the Bluetooth integration is shot.

Last edited:

mukulagarwal

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site

After updating my Lumia 720 to cyan my glance screen is up side down....... Already tried a hard reset, tried soft reset, reinstated glance background, tried to put it in phone memory, but nothing helped....... After soft reset it remains correct for few hours but after few hours again the same problem.??? Wat do any solution??

keness

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Bugs and Defects -- also getting random reboots

WP8.1 update loaded on my L1020 last week, and phone is rebooting itself several times a day and night. This happens during multiple situations -- both in use, and not in use -- even in the middle of a phone call

Also, when I unplug phone in the morning, battery level reads 100%, but after the first reboot it drops down to less than 50%, sometimes less than 25%. If I manually restart, it seems to readjust back to 100%.

Any suggestions?

JSax1

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

After updating my Lumia 720 to cyan my glance screen is up side down....... Already tried a hard reset, tried soft reset, reinstated glance background, tried to put it in phone memory, but nothing helped....... After soft reset it remains correct for few hours but after few hours again the same problem.??? Wat do any solution??

I had this issue initially on 8.1. I forget which app it was, but I used it to uninstall Glance, then used Sysapp Pusher to reinstall.

von929Shavone

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site

I really don't give a Holy Hell about the Xbox One, I'd like to know why wpcentral haven't did a article or tried to find out why Cortana kicks my audio from my headset, when she interrupts my music to read incoming messages? It's very annoying to have your headphones plugged in and have the audio playing from the rear of my 1520 and I don't seem to be the only person experiencing this problem

Incoming SMS Text causes speaker to turn on when using headphones - Microsoft Community

JSax1

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

But how to uninstall glance?
I have tried uninstalling the glance background app but dint help.

I just dug up the old thread. Set your phones date far into the future - I did 100 years - and then open the Glance settings. It will prompt you to uninstall.

pdt

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

The bluetooth problem reported in various places for the earlier versions of Windows 8.1 is still there. I am experiencing it with Windows Phone 8.1 with update 1, on the new HTC One M8.

If you stream music to your car over bluetooth, you can't, at the same time, use Cortana's voice interface. When you touch the voice input button, the music is silenced as intended, but Cortana still doesn't understand. The checkbox that was provided in bluetooth advanced settings actually makes the problem worse.

Also, when streaming music over bluetooth, the Here Drive+ navigation app works unreliably. The music is silenced when the nav app wants to talk, as intended, but the bluetooth channel or the CPU are still clogged up so the phone isn't able to speak a complete sentence, and reacts slowly to changes in speed or direction. Some users are reporting that the nav app doesn't speak at all. The bluetooth advanced setting for voice input makes the nav app pretty much inoperable for many users.

The Microsoft support site has quite a few complaints about this on several devices, but the replies from Microsoft reps seem to be dismissive of the problem, which usually means they don't know how to fix it or they don't think it is important.

This problem seems to have started with Windows Phone 8.1. I was able to play music and use Here Drive over bluetooth at the same time just fine with my HTC 8X with Windows Phone 8.0.

reversalagent

May 16, 2013
Visit site

I am still having issues with weather. I am not sure if this is a Windows 8.1 issue or something with the OS itself.
Today is Sunday and yet Bing weather app, when the tiles are flipped, show the forecast starting with Friday. Background updating is on, but not until I go into the app will they actually update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon