Did an update yesterday and afterwards, my 1520 wouldn't recognize my SD card. I had all my apps on there, so I'm kind of stuck.

I tried putting it in a reader for my comp, and it says I need to format it...

Do I have any options here? All my music/photos/apps are on this card.
    10-25-2014 03:25 PM
    YES...
    - turn OFF the phone
    - pull the card
    - turn the phone back ON
    - mount the sdCard, see if it recognizes it
    - if not, NO, you have no options

BTW - your apps are probably history, they'd have to be re-installed

What was on your phone memory ?
    10-25-2014 03:40 PM
    unfortunately the answer is no. sometimes it happen if there is any malware etc. you need to format it.
    10-25-2014 03:42 PM
    How do I turn it off without it instantly restarting?
    10-25-2014 03:45 PM
    How do I turn it off without it instantly restarting?
    POWER button (middle button, right side)
    10-25-2014 04:52 PM
    Right... That's how to shut it down, but it instantly restarts after it shuts down. There's not enough time to take the card out, because it starts right back up.
    10-25-2014 06:08 PM
    Right... That's how to shut it down, but it instantly restarts after it shuts down. There's not enough time to take the card out, because it starts right back up.
    Then do it without it charging? Windows Phones turn on while charging, a little fyi.
    10-25-2014 06:10 PM
    right... That's how to shut it down, but it instantly restarts after it shuts down. There's not enough time to take the card out, because it starts right back up.
    smh ...
    10-25-2014 08:13 PM
    My phone starts back up the second it shuts down, regardless of whether or not it's charging.. I'm not sure what you're "shaking your head at," but either there's a misunderstanding between what you're trying to say, or there's something I'm missing.
    10-25-2014 09:32 PM
    My phone starts back up the second it shuts down, regardless of whether or not it's charging.. I'm not sure what you're "shaking your head at," but either there's a misunderstanding between what you're trying to say, or there's something I'm missing.
    Really? That's rather strange actually, usually only boots up if you press the power button again unless you're doing a soft reset (power button + volume down key) in which it'll boot up right after it shuts down.
    10-25-2014 09:53 PM
    Something you're missing ...

To POWER the phone off :
    - depress the POWER button (for ~~ 2 seconds)
    - slide down to power off - the phone should stay OFF - if NOT phone is defective !

WHAT are you doing ?

IF you can't power the phone OFF, how did you pull the sdcard ?
    10-26-2014 08:22 AM
    Something you're missing ...

To POWER the phone off :
    - depress the POWER button (for ~~ 2 seconds)
    - slide down to power off - the phone should stay OFF - if NOT phone is defective !

WHAT are you doing ?

IF you can't power the phone OFF, how did you pull the sdcard ?
    Sigh.... well it looks like I have multiple problems here.. because it definitely reboots as soon as it turns off. I can even take a video if you want. I slide down to power off, then put it on my desk so I'm not touching at AT ALL!

Takes about a minute while saying "goodbye," then the capacitive buttons at the bottom of the phone take about another 30 seconds before their lights shut off, then it buzzes and reboots.

EDIT: side note... this past time I did it, after the windows logo, it did not get to the ATT logo, it just said, "loading" and then rebooted again after about a minute or two. The second reboot was very quick from nokia to desktop though.
    10-26-2014 08:29 AM
    It takes a while before the phone recognizes the SD card. Just give it time. Im using 1520 as well.
    10-26-2014 08:34 AM
    Sigh.... well it looks like I have multiple problems here.. because it definitely reboots as soon as it turns off. I can even take a video if you want. I slide down to power off, then put it on my desk so I'm not touching at AT ALL!

Takes about a minute while saying "goodbye," then the capacitive buttons at the bottom of the phone take about another 30 seconds before their lights shut off, then it buzzes and reboots.

EDIT: side note... this past time I did it, after the windows logo, it did not get to the ATT logo, it just said, "loading" and then rebooted again after about a minute or two. The second reboot was very quick from nokia to desktop though.
    I'd be taking that device BACK to where I got it ... BUT

DO you have a case on the phone ?
    That could be causing the restart ... It should NOT work your way, when you shutdown it should stay OFF.
    10-26-2014 10:47 AM
    I'd be taking that device BACK to where I got it ... BUT

DO you have a case on the phone ?
    That could be causing the restart ... It should NOT work your way, when you shutdown it should stay OFF.
    No case, no screen protector, and I've had it almost a year now, so I'm not sure I could take it back.
    10-26-2014 01:25 PM
    Well obviously there are a few issues here... so the question now becomes:

- Do I do a hard reset of the phone and hope that it will then recognize the SD card?
    or
    - Do I format the card and hope the phone will recognize it?
    or
    - Wipe everything clean on both devices....
    10-26-2014 03:10 PM
    Not having received a reply, I was going to just format the SD card, but now it turns out, I can't get anything to recognize it past 32GB. It's a 64GB card and was originally formatted that way. I'd been using that way for over half a year in my Lumia 1520
    10-31-2014 04:52 PM
    Not having received a reply, I was going to just format the SD card, but now it turns out, I can't get anything to recognize it past 32GB. It's a 64GB card and was originally formatted that way. I'd been using that way for over half a year in my Lumia 1520
    Since you never mentioned if you actually used more than 32GB, and by that I mean confirmed more than 32 GB could be read back from it, don't rule out having a counterfeit SD card. Its fairly common for a small card to be sold as a larger card after doctoring it to report that it is larger than it actually is.
    10-31-2014 09:17 PM
    Since you never mentioned if you actually used more than 32GB, and by that I mean confirmed more than 32 GB could be read back from it, don't rule out having a counterfeit SD card. Its fairly common for a small card to be sold as a larger card after doctoring it to report that it is larger than it actually is.
    I got it from newegg I believe, and yeah I had way more than 32gb on it with games/music/videos.

I also noticed that I can't seem to format it in exFAT, even though it was formatted that way before.
    11-01-2014 08:48 AM
    Bump to see if anyone else has an idea on how to get my 64gb card reporting properly again, thanks!
    11-07-2014 07:39 AM
    Old thread, I know.. but I still have the issue where the 64GB SD card is only recognized as 32GB
    03-20-2015 10:49 AM
    Unless the 64GB card is corrupt the entire memory should be readable. Have you tried running any tests using CrystalMark? Try fully formatting it to exFAT and see if it works
    03-20-2015 11:05 AM
    Unless the 64GB card is corrupt the entire memory should be readable. Have you tried running any tests using CrystalMark? Try fully formatting it to exFAT and see if it works
    I have tried formatting the cards a few ways, both in the phone and on the computer and cannot get more than 32GB out of it, even though it originally showed 64GB when I first plugged it into the card.

I have not used Crystalmark before - when looking at the site, it seems it's mostly used for I/O tests... what types of things should I be looking for w/this app that would help me determine the state of the card?

I appreciate your response!
    03-23-2015 08:21 AM
    I have tried formatting the cards a few ways, both in the phone and on the computer and cannot get more than 32GB out of it, even though it originally showed 64GB when I first plugged it into the card.

I have not used Crystalmark before - when looking at the site, it seems it's mostly used for I/O tests... what types of things should I be looking for w/this app that would help me determine the state of the card?

In below link you find a program to test your cards "quality".
    https://sosfakeflash.wordpress.com/2...omment-page-2/
    03-23-2015 08:35 AM

I usually use it to check first if the card is capable of at least performing basic read write and measure the speeds. In cases like yours I also perform disk error checks using the Windows utility. From what i see initial impression is your card has bad sectors which may or our may not be repairable
    03-23-2015 08:39 AM