What is IMS and where should I register it?

dhilip ravichandran

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 730 Security

Hi All,

Last Monday i bought this Lumia 730 awesome phone. Please let me know where can i register my IMEI number? to ensure my mobile is safe even if i lost it. And also in the settings > about > more information, i can see my IMEI Informations, below that there is IMS: not registered.

Please let me know what is this IMS? And where should i register it.

Also please let me know safest ways to use banking apps in my mobile. i like to use axis bank app in this device.

Please let me know the safety precocious i should do.

Abhishek Gupta1689

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 730 Security

Ims is not registered for everyone. So chill, I don't know what it is though.
Goto Windows phone site, and register urself. There are many options there if u lost ur phone.
For warranty, just open Lumia help &tips, and check it.
IMO Always open banking sites from internet explorer. It's the safest. Whenever it alerts you, don't go forward

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
IMS means IP Multimedia Subsystem. It was a specification designed in the early 2000s as a way to build out a way to implement a telephone and multimedia network using Internet Protocol to replace typical wire line telephony. In other words, it was an old protocol that was invented but never widely used (yet), but it is built into mobile phones.

tl:dr - don't worry about it saying "not registered" after IMS in your phone settings.

Vicious Enzyme

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
With sprint the lack of ims causes the mms messaging to fail, you will be restricted to SMS. also caused issues with my Microsoft band, both seem to require ims.

Monoj koner

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Re: Lumia 535 security

Hi All,

Last Monday i bought this Lumia 535awesome phone. Please let me know where can i register my IMEI number359730065698283-14to ensure my mobile is safe even if i lost it. And also in the settings > about > more information, i can see my IMEI Informations, below that there is IMS: not registered.

Please let me know what is this IMS? And where should i register it.

Also please let me know safest ways to use banking apps in my mobile. i like to use axis bank app in this device.

Please let me know the safety precocious i should do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon