Just reset my Lumia 920, got DENIM!?

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello folks

So i'm a tad bit confused here. I just reset my Lumia 920 because i wanted to get rid of my Preview for develeopers (because it was killing my battery) and to my surprise i recieved an update after reset and now.... Apparently i have Lumia Denim on my 920. It's a Danish phone on a Danish carrier.

Am i right. That's not really even supposed to be on my device. I understood that Lumia 920 and 820 wouldn't get Denim.

Or am i wrong?

Here's a pic.
WP_000007.jpg
Please excuse the ****ty picture it was taken with a Dell Venue Pro.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've read that there is an Extras and Info bug that displays the Denim firmware but isn't actually Denim...still Cyan. Not sure if it applies to 920s though. Hopefully, you got the real deal though. :)

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Obviously the Camera updates won't be there yeah, but i'm still kinda surprised. As far as i saw from the MS website Lumia 920 and 820 were excluded for now.

I am though also rather confused in terms of what Denim really bring to the 920. It can't be much, because i haven't run into to any obvious changes. But, i'll await.... there's bound to be battery changes and etc.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Check the version number (ex. 8.11.3) against denim version number. I've heard people have their phone falsely say denim before its actually on there.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Denim update is DP OS update on 920. Every 920 DP user has it.

not even remotely true. Denim is NOT on every DP device. If Denim has been pushed in your region and you have DP, you can get it, but if it hasn't been pushed, you're not getting it. My AT&T 920 DOES NOT have Denim and is still on Cyan with the latest version of DP available (8.10.14219.31). Since Denim is firmware and not an OS update, it's not part of the DP.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
not even remotely true. Denim is NOT on every DP device. If Denim has been pushed in your region and you have DP, you can get it, but if it hasn't been pushed, you're not getting it. My AT&T 920 DOES NOT have Denim and is still on Cyan with the latest version of DP available (8.10.14219.31). Since Denim is firmware and not an OS update, it's not part of the DP.

The evidence is that except for the 930, 1520, Icon, Denim is only an OS update. So no firmware update for 920. (assuming you have Cyan firmware)

DP users are actually one build ahead of Denim.

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
This is the weird part. It's still 8.10. But i don't have dev preview activated. I reset my phone completely. Im very confused. Maybe it's a bug, yet, i am seeing battery improvements already today.

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
So, what i do know is this. Im stil at Version 8.10 with DENIM. So, it doesn't make sense at all.

But.... before when i was on Dev preview, my battery was really bad and a complete mess. I could skype for hours on end, but just leaving the phone untouched would drain the battery in 8 hours (with all except for 1 app capable of running in the background). So this is why i went back to a fresh install with no Dev Preview. And now....

This morning after 10 hours of charging:

I have skyped for 10 minutes, called for for 20 minutes, updated apps and checked facebook, web,instagram and used whatsapp. And this is my current battery life. I hope it stays exactly like this, because that is a bit beyond of what possible before Dev Preview.

Still confused as hell though.

wp_ss_20141223_0001.jpg

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
The evidence is that except for the 930, 1520, Icon, Denim is only an OS update. So no firmware update for 920. (assuming you have Cyan firmware)

DP users are actually one build ahead of Denim.

No, Lumia Denim is the FIRMWARE only or are you saying that my ATIV S is running Lumia Denim then seeing as it has WP8.1.1?

Let me clear this up for you, Lumia (whatever it's called) is the firmware portion of the update and the OS update is Windows Phone 8.1 Update.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
So, what i do know is this. Im stil at Version 8.10 with DENIM. So, it doesn't make sense at all.

But.... before when i was on Dev preview, my battery was really bad and a complete mess. I could skype for hours on end, but just leaving the phone untouched would drain the battery in 8 hours (with all except for 1 app capable of running in the background). So this is why i went back to a fresh install with no Dev Preview. And now....

This morning after 10 hours of charging:

I have skyped for 10 minutes, called for for 20 minutes, updated apps and checked facebook, web,instagram and used whatsapp. And this is my current battery life. I hope it stays exactly like this, because that is a bit beyond of what possible before Dev Preview.

Still confused as hell though.

View attachment 91979

Reinstall the PfD app and extras+info will show Lumia Cyan, it's a well known bug that occurs when the PfD app is removed.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Unless you have an 830, 930, icon or 1520, all denim will be is software. That's partly the reason why the extras and info bug occurs. It's because the 8.1,1 preview update was actually denim for some devices. That's why some users are unable to get the denim update, it's because they already have it. Crazy but true.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
It's very easy to know if you do have DENIM!! Just try to create a live folder on your start screen, if you're successful then you have it if you're not then you DON'T!!!

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have DP what would I need to do for it? Do I need to downgrade back :( such a faff. I'm not at my home and all my Nokia software downgrade stuff is at my place. Really want Denim

Sent using my Nokia Lumia 520 via the Windows Phone central app

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
It's very easy to know if you do have DENIM!! Just try to create a live folder on your start screen, if you're successful then you have it if you're not then you DON'T!!!

Not really, the PfD allows you to do that as well. Doesn't mean you have the Denim Firmware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2