Bluetooth Blood Pressure Monitor for WP? Windows?

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found a Bluetooth (or wifi) blood pressure monitor that connects to Windows or Windows Phone that will upload directly or indirectly to Health Vault?

I have a Fitbit Aria scale that syncs to Health Vault. I would love to be able to do the same with blood pressure.

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I could have missed one, hence why I'm posting. There are a lot listed.

I'm looking at Blip's wifi blood pressure monitor. I think it syncs to Blip's portal then syncs to HealthVault.

Sinovo says they work with the HealthVault connection center for PC, but I think its some kind of USB transfer thing or something.

Several options out there for iOS and Android, but nothing for Windows or WP. This is the kind of thing where the app gap hurts.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
This is where it would behoove Microsoft to partner with research hospitals, device makers, etc. and make a very public push for this stuff with Windows 10. Don't think they can do it now with development still underway but it would be smart to have a big push in 2016 to showcase HealthVault, Surface, Internet of Things connected devices for monitoring, etc.

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Its frustrating. They really had a jump on the competition with HealthVault, but they put it out there and sat on. It hasn't really moved forward since it launched. Then they added the Health and Fitness apps, then Health all as separate entities. Their strategy is a mess and once again they've squandered a lead in an important emerging industry.

I finally settled on an Omron blood pressure monitor. I have to plug it into a USB cord, but the HealthVault connector sees it and syncs - much like syncing my Garmin.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that about summarizes it. Good luck with the Omron; direct sync via USB doesn't sound too bad. Just make sure it's not your work computer :p

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Its working well so far. It has an A-B user switch, so my wife and I can both use it (as long as we remember to set the switch). You can plug in and upload and it will put her data in her Healthvault account and my data in my Healthvault.

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I bought Omron m10-it, how did you connect your health monitor to the health vault? I can see how you import and export csv, I assume your auto integrating

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon