What US Carrier are you with or Switching to for Wp8 Launch?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys what Carrier are you for. the great Wp8 Launch? :D. I know the problems. Carriers have especially Sprint. we know that Sprint won't have a phone at launch. big pity

Last edited:

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, I hope to stay with T-mo. HOPEFULLY someone (Samsung, Nokia, HTC, etc.) will have a UMA (WiFi calling) enabled WP8 phone.

Then my prepaid $30 (100min/UL Text/UL Data) plan will be worth it. I didn't realize how small 100 minutes of talk really is.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and will never switch because of a phone. You should always pick the provider that offers the best cell coverage for you. Never pick a provider because they have a particular phone. If that provider has terrible cell coverage where you live/work, it won't matter how nice the phone is if you can't use it because you don't have service.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Interesting that when I originally considered a smartphone back in September 2010(iPhone 4), everyone said AT&T was the worst network. But with my L900, no issues.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and will never switch because of a phone. You should always pick the provider that offers the best cell coverage for you. Never pick a provider because they have a particular phone. If that provider has terrible cell coverage where you live/work, it won't matter how nice the phone is if you can't use it because you don't have service.

That reminds me of this USCC commercial that I saw. In this commercial this guy is trying to sell this guy this phone that supposedly can do everything and at the end the guy asked. "yea but can it get reception wherever I need it?"

That being said I'm currently with T-mobile and plan to stick with them for at least 3 years but of course by then all the carriers will be equal with technology and coverage so it'll just boil down to the price.

happynoodleboy

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently on Verizon but I plan on switching to AT&T more than likely once new devices come out. When I upgrade I am going to lose my unlimited data anyways because I can't afford to buy a phone outright. Plus a friend of mine has an iPhone on AT&T and he gets much better signal than I do 90% of the time.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Probably stick with ATT. I can't believe how good the LTE coverage is in areas near me where HSPA+ coverage is subpar.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, I hope to stay with T-mo. HOPEFULLY someone (Samsung, Nokia, HTC, etc.) will have a UMA (WiFi calling) enabled WP8 phone.

Then my prepaid $30 (100min/UL Text/UL Data) plan will be worth it. I didn't realize how small 100 minutes of talk really is.

Apparently the dev behind the wonderful MetroTalk (google voice) app has plan to implement wifi calling within the app on WP8!!

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes I switched to AT&T for a phone

But that wasn't the sole reason. Yes it is more expensive, but this is the most reliable network I've ever been on

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
AT&T is just the best carrier in my area. I had VZW in my pre-smartphone days, and finally gave them up when months of unreliable service at my house, and I could see the AT&T tower out my bedroom window.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
AT&T is the best option for me in my rural area...

Ive said this before but I will say it again,
It's cheaper than Verizon.
Better coverage than T-Mobile,
Better data speeds & data coverage than Sprint.

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I have Sprint but I really don't know what to do. I just moved and now my coverage is spotty at best why I don't know but it is. Plus they don't seem to give a hoot about WP8so who knows. I may skip WP altogether and try Hemroid if I can get the device I want but that would mean leaving Sprint and what's the point of having a smartphone without unlimited data? :straight:

Arcticwolf

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I have Sprint but I really don't know what to do. I just moved and now my coverage is spotty at best why I don't know but it is. Plus they don't seem to give a hoot about WP8so who knows. I may skip WP altogether and try Hemroid if I can get the device I want but that would mean leaving Sprint and what's the point of having a smartphone without unlimited data? :straight:

Call Sprint and let them know that you have poor reception in your area. If you are in a contract you may be able to waive the ETF. As for unlimited, you can try pre-paid, if WP8 comes to any of them, or you can go to T-mobile, which will not charge you extra, but will throttle you after 5 gigs.

trazer

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
StraightTalk - this will save me about $1500 over two years and that will pay for me having to purchase my phone outright. Will get an ATT phone as StriaghtTalk uses ATT towers so I'll get the same coverage as ATT users.

Pure win.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05