Nokia trash-talking about HTC's launch

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Please, I don't care if you bash Windows Phone, but don't do it because of your own ignorance.

Microsoft scoops 7 IDEA awards for design excellence - Next at Microsoft - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Windows Phone won 3 awards for:

Gold award in the category of Interactive Product Experiences,
Silver in the Research category and
Bronze in Design Strategy.

You should also do a search for design awards for the Lumia 900

The Nokia hate is so strong now people turn to bashing the OS as well.....:unsure:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't care what you care about. I'm not bashing WP7, just saying Nokia isn't that big of a deal and some master of cell phones anymoer. FYI, YOU should go look up the N9 design, which is meego phone, which is what the lumia 800, lumia 900, lumia 920 is based on. Nothing new for WP7. The pure views was/is on a Symbian phone waay before WP7.
Please, I don't care if you bash Windows Phone, but don't do it because of your own ignorance.

Microsoft scoops 7 IDEA awards for design excellence - Next at Microsoft - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Windows Phone won 3 awards for:

Gold award in the category of Interactive Product Experiences,
Silver in the Research category and
Bronze in Design Strategy.

You should also do a search for design awards for the Lumia 900
The only ignorance I see is yours, trying to hype up a dying company. Hahaha. If they were soooo great, why are they in the ****hole.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't care what you care about. I'm not bashing WP7, just saying Nokia isn't that big of a deal and some master of cell phones anymoer. FYI, YOU should go look up the N9 design, which is meego phone, which is what the lumia 800, lumia 900, lumia 920 is based on. Nothing new for WP7. The pure views was/is on a Symbian phone waay before WP7.

The only ignorance I see is yours, trying to hype up a dying company. Hahaha. If they were soooo great, why are they in the ****hole.

Please don't backtrack on your arguments. I find it unbecoming. You said something stupid, fess up and move on. I'm not going to"debate" with you because you've already shown that you will make incredibly ignorant statements. I see no pleasure with strawman tactics and brick wall logic.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Blah, I'm not backtracking on crap. My comment is still up. How about you try and read. That way you'll have a leg to stand on. You can't debate because there's nothing to deback. Take it and move on.
Please don't backtrack on your arguments. I find it unbecoming. You said something stupid, fess up and move on. I'm not going to"debate" with you because you've already shown that you will make incredibly ignorant statements. I see no pleasure with strawman tactics and brick wall logic.
Probably didn't know the N9 existed eh? That what happens when you speak on something you don't know anything about.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Blah, I'm not backtracking on crap. My comment is still up. How about you try and read. That way you'll have a leg to stand on. You can't debate because there's nothing to deback. Take it and move on.

Probably didn't know the N9 existed eh? That what happens when you speak on something you don't know anything about.

A very predictable reply. Start with the brick wall defense, follow it up with a strawman N9 argument. Classic.

It's okay, I've seen this before. You're so worried about being "right" that you'll spew anything to keep the conversation going. That's cute, but again, not my style.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to be right. It is what it is. I'm done, unless there's something of value to disprove my statements. If that happens, id gladly like/thank the reply.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Come on Jax, don't act like this.

I agree with you though, Nokia hasn't done anything innovative or original for windows phone. They don't bring anything new to the table but at least respect your fellow posters.

Even though is annoying dealing with the fanboism sometimes, it pays to be respectful.

Well it doesn't, I'm seeing as whining Nokia hater but still.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh I'm not being disrespectful to the person. I just post my statements and move on. If it's clear that I'm wrong. I like the post.

I agree with you though, Nokia hasn't done anything innovative or original for windows phone. They don't bring anything new to the table but at least respect your fellow posters.

Even though is annoying dealing with the fanboism sometimes, it pays to be respectful.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Like I always say, Nokia is just a bluff, they just want more attention and nothing else to recapture the US market and then they'll just go stale. To tell you the truth, they can never compare themselves to HTC and real techy pioneers will believe what I'm saying.
And if you really want the real Windows Phone Expierience, get an HTC. HTC is the NEXUS'S of Windows Phone.

Last edited:

Chazz

May 14, 2011
Visit site
These posts are really sad. I actually remember why I stopped reading the forums again. People like jax. It'd be one thing if it were the minority.

Well, back to the front page I go.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't care if you like or dislike anything I say. The fact is, they are in no position to **** talk. Go to the front page, no one will shed a tear.

People like jax just state the obvious and not sit back at the Nokia lovefest over other WP7 OEMs. They've done nothing but take unnecessary shots at other WP7 OEMs.

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Having 50% share of WP7, while WP7 has about 3% of the total marketshare doesn't put a bullseye on ya. Sorry.

I haven't seen praise for any design award for WP7 nor innovation. Well, not for anything that's been tested by the masses. There is NOTHING new in any Nokia WP7 device that hasn't been done in another phone.

To your first statement, how does it not? When you're the sole guy at 50% of a small market share versus your competitors who split the other half of that small market share, how are you not the big name? Whether that's really the case, I don't know because I don't have the numbers, but for argument's sake...

As for design awards given to the Lumia line:
Nokia Lumia scoops IDEA Design Awards - Next at Microsoft - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

http://mynokiablog.com/2012/07/30/nokia-lumia-800-picks-up-design-award-from-good-design-australia/

http://www.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-900-wins-awards-ces-2012

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The other companies have other investments. Both rely on android. Nokia rely solely on WP7. They still get Symbian money, but they are banking on the new OS for the future. That's the difference. Its basic addition.

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The other companies have other investments. Both rely on android. Nokia rely solely on WP7. They still get Symbian money, but they are banking on the new OS for the future. That's the difference. Its basic addition.

What? :straight:

I thought the topic of market share between you and Residing was the WP marketshare. What is the relevance of the stuff you're bringing up now?

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't really care what Nokia says, though I would prefer if Nokia is going to show some swagger (which I really think WP needs) I would prefer they pick on other OS's.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't care if you like or dislike anything I say. The fact is, they are in no position to **** talk. Go to the front page, no one will shed a tear.

People like jax just state the obvious and not sit back at the Nokia lovefest over other WP7 OEMs. They've done nothing but take unnecessary shots at other WP7 OEMs.
Take shots at oems with superior offerings I might add.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I like swagger. Trash talk is a bit muh. I don't think Nokia is going to be the savior for WP7/8, I think it's going to be a group effort. Samsung, Acer, Htc, and the other company.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

I know, that hd7, arrive, Mozart were so innovative and pushed Windows Phone to new heights when they were released. /s

Like I always say, Nokia is just a bluff, they just want more attention and nothing else to recapture the US market and then they'll just go stale. To tell you the truth, they can never compare themselves to HTC and real techy pioneers will believe what I'm saying.
And if you really want the real Windows Phone Expierience, get an HTC. HTC is the NEXUS'S of Windows Phone.

If you really think HTC has pioneered more than Nokia in the mobile space then its obvious you don't know Nokia's history. Here's a hint: "Nokia was one of the key developers of GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications)" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia.

And I'm curious, how exactly is HTC providing the "real Windows Phone experience"?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon