Does your Internet music streaming stutter via Bluetooth?

ousooner314

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I recently noticed this on my WP 7.5 device, and was curious if it does this on a WP8 device. Whenever I stream music via the Internet (example: iHeartRadio app) and listen to it via Bluetooth, the music stutters every 5-6 seconds like it's caching. This doesn't happen when I take it off Bluetooth streaming (and listen via the phone's speakers). It also doesn't stutter when I stream music on my phone (using Music+Videos) via Bluetooth. The only time it stutters is when I stream from the Internet AND use Bluetooth to listen wirelessly through my speakers. Has anyone experienced this? Or, can someone test it on their WP8 device? Thanks!!

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I listened to a complete album in my car today streaming via the Xbox service via the LTE connection and nothing stuttered.

111san

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Nope...just got my Lumia 920 yest and used Nokia music over a pair of Motorola blootooth headsets for over an hour and clarity was just perfect....always had the phone close by though so not sure abt range

wpcautobot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I stream to my car (Volvo) and at the end of some songs, I get a split second of stutter about two seconds before the songs end. Only on Bluetooth.

BCH

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes, a BlueAnt headset and BlueAnt car speakerphone do this. Two seconds of audio, cut-out for a second, etc. Sometimes they stream fine, but if I get a phone call or announced text message, they stutter on resume. However, audio-only devices work perfectly for me (Logitech BT receiver hooked up to the my home theater and a couple other BT speakers). I think MS is aware and working on this. They have said as much on @WinPhoneSupport on Twitter.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
It largely depends how much data / voice traffic is out there. Here in ATL I can stream to my car using BT with no issue in the morning on my way to work. It will stutter on the way home however.

quinndupont

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My wireless Jaybird Freedom Sprint headphones never seem to work with Rdio, but I blame Rdio's crappy app. In general, the Bluetooth signal is MUCH stronger on my Nokia 920 compared to my iPhone 4 (which struggles to maintain a Bluetooth connection)

Dray0n

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
No problems on LTE with stutter. I did have some buffering issues when I traveled out of LTE over the weekend with my 920.

With the Music Pass I have been downloading favorite albums to my device to play offline or out of network.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo